BSOD very often

Reaction score
Shintaro, thanks buddy. I'm working on that right now so I'll let you know how it goes.

Reaction score
Thanks again for the help.

I've installed all the drivers for my motherboard except for the two under the SATA RAID category that say to preinstall during Windows setup. I'm still getting lots of BSODs though so should I install those and if so how would I do that?

I've attached the dmp files from all my BSODs this morning. Any tips/advice/help is appreciated.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
You've done well. Leave the RAID drivers.
Those crash dumps are reporting that OADriver.sys is at fault.
Do you have this software on your PC? https://www.emsisoft.com/en/

If you do, then either look for a new version or remove the software an see how it goes.

Let us know how you go.

Reaction score
Yes, I have the Online Armor Firewall installed. Hopefully updating it will do the trick but I'll let you know either way. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Sorry it's taken so long to respond. I haven't had much free time to work on this. It seems replacing the firewall worked to stop all of the sudden crashes. I am still having BSODs on shutdown though. I think I should probably start another thread but I wanted to say thanks for the help with this.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Please upload the mini dumps and I'll have a look.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Well that's part of the issue. It hangs for about 10-15 minutes on the "Shutting down..." screen but then I get a BSOD. After it restarts I don't have a dump file. I've read as much stuff as I could find and about the only thing I can think of is that something USB plugged in. I only have a printer and my wireless mouse/keyboard plugged in so I was about to try updating those. Will let you know how it goes but in the meantime if you have any other suggestions I'd really appreciate the help.

Shintaro

Reaction score
That's a good idea.
So what I would do is:
- Update the drivers for mouse and keyboard. Try shutdown
- Unplug the printer USB (Maybe the printer driver needs an update?) lead from computer try shutdown.
- Keep the printer unplugged from the PC, but look at what applications are running (Bottom right of screen) and close them before trying shutdown.

Reaction score
So I updated the mouse/keyboard drivers and tried shutting down but still got the BSOD. Then I updated the printer drivers and was able to shutdown with no problem. That's the first time in a long time I was able to shutdown. What's strange though is I rebooted and printed something just to test the printer out and then tried shutting down again but this time I got the BSOD. So I unplugged my printer from the computer and uninstalled, rebooted (no BSOD), and reinstalled. I plugged the printer back up (part of the installation) and when I tried shutting down after it was installed...I got another BSOD! So after it rebooted I simply unplugged the printer USB just to see if I could shutdown by having it unplugged and it worked. I shutdown with no BSOD. So it's obviously something with this printer but as long as I unplug the USB before I try shutting down or restarting then I won't get a BSOD. I guess I can give Lexmark a call tomorrow but from a brief look it seems I'm not the only person having issues with this series of printers (3600-4600) and it doesn't look like there's much support. The "latest" driver they have is two years old already.

Shintaro, I really appreciate your help. If you have any advice I'll give it a shot. Otherwise, it looks like I'm going to have to see what Lexmark can do.

Reaction score
Wasn't that the first thing I did last month? Forgive my ignorance. I've learned the hard way about messing with BIOS so it's not my favorite thing to do.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

I can see from the crash dump what version of BIOS that you are on.
Post #2 I asked you download and install all the motherboard drivers, but not the BIOS.

To be honest if you have updated the drivers on your computer and for the printer, the motherboard BIOS is the only thing I can think of.

Fair enough if you don't feel confident about updating the BIOS, I completely understand, otherwise you could maybe take to a PC repair shop and ask them to do it. But that would cost money.

My rationale is that the printer is newer than your PC motherboard, so Gigabyte could have fixed something on your motherboard since 2007 to F7 BIOS 2009.
They never say what they have fixed, only "Fix CPU compatibility issues ".

At the end-of-th-day, it might not make a difference it might not.

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

Reaction score
There's no need to apologize. I've been ill so I haven't had a chance to do this yet but I will try to get to it tonight and I'll let you know. Thanks for the help.

Ask a Question