BSOD - System Service Exception

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. I'm not much of a techy; some words will be unknown to me - sorry :(
Here are my specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
2x Corsair 800mhz DDR2 2048MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Asus P5Q-E
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Basically, whenever I'm just browsing the internet - I occasionally, after a while (30+ minutes), get a BSOD named "System Service Exception."

Can you guys please look at my dumps to see the problem? Thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hey. You are getting multiple 0x3B memory corruption errors.

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff960001347a7, fffff88007bb01f0, 0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------
along with an extremely helpful 0xD1 stop error:
Code:
BugCheck D1, {bf93e3ff, 2, 1, fffff88003c21e94}

Unable to load image Lachesis.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Lachesis.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Lachesis.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
This is common on Windows 7 and older Razer drivers. Please install the latest one for your Lachesis mouse from this link here:

http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=353&nav=0,76

If you are otherwise having issues with the mouse like as in double clicking, I noticed there is an updated firmware for it:

Firmware - http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=422&nav=0,76,18

Firmware Update Guide - http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=139&nav=0,76,18

For the 0x3B error, please uninstall your Avast! using the special tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

You may then proceed to install MSE as a solid, stable replacement.

Your Marvell Yukon ethernet driver is in need of an update:

Code:
yk62x64  yk62x64.sys  Wed May 20 04:14:06 2009
Please do so from here:

http://extranet.marvell.com/drivers/driverDisplay.do?driverId=175

___

After making these changes, please let me know how things are going. If you need to, please post another crash dump too.

Reaction score
I've only crashed once since I did the fixes. No BSOD though - just froze up.
Though I didn't install Probell because I don't have the motherboard: P5Q-EM DO.

Reaction score
I've only crashed once since I did the fixes. No BSOD though - just froze up.
Though I didn't install Probell because I don't have the motherboard: P5Q-EM DO.
I hear ya. I recommend that you do install it from that link because it is a general utility for all Asus boards. There's no deviation between models. It will do well for you.

Reaction score
I hear ya. I recommend that you do install it from that link because it is a general utility for all Asus boards. There's no deviation between models. It will do well for you.
I've tried to install it, it gives out an error message of: not being able to install the ACPI driver.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's because it's a Vista driver. You can use the device manager to point specifically to the install .inf that you extracted and it will install like that.

You may need to set the device manager to show hidden devices first. I'm not really sure because I don't have an Asus board. Or it may be in the system section.

Anyhow, right click on the correct driver in device manager and choose update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

Now find and double click on the .inf and hit ok, then next and let it install.

Have there been any further freezer or crashes since the last day or so?

Reaction score
No. No crashes.

So what device is it? Sorry, I'm no good at this; could you elaborate so a simple minded person - like me - can understand. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't think it's for any of the devices shown there.

Could you please click view | show hidden devices and then expand the Non-Plug and Play drivers section. I think it could be in there, possibly under an obscured name.

So if you post a screenshot of that, I'll probably be able to tell which.

Curious...how has the machine been last many hours or so?

...edit here...

Rather, here's how you can proceed. Extract the driver to a folder. Then simply copy and paste asio.sys overwriting the one at C:\Windows\System32\drivers....

this will work out fine.

Reaction score
There isn't an asio.sys file in system32 so should I put in asio32.sys anyway? Theres an asio64.sys too - shouldn't that be for my system of 64bit?

My computer's been running okay. Though I did have some crashes (2-3) but I didn't get a bsod, just froze up requiring a restart.

I've found an extra minidump I didn't send (before the fixes you gave me). Maybe that's of use.

Also about the picture: it has hidden devices enabled. It's all of the devices in the system section.

Thank you for all your help btw.

As a side thing: apparently (according to tuneup utilities) theres a device called "ASInsHelp" that isn't working properly. Would that contribute to my, now, infrequent crashing?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, the crash hasn't to do with TuneUp Utilities.

The culprit is Avast! Please remove it with the special tool found here

http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

and then install MSE as a replacement

Code:
Unable to load image aswSnx.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.SYS
Probably caused by : aswSnx.SYS ( aswSnx+1aa94 )
You can delete aswSnx.SYS by hand if you also go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Removing it from the system will stop the bsod.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I've already done that. That was just a minidump before I did the fixes. I thought it might of been something else.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I've already done that. That was just a minidump before I did the fixes. I thought it might of been something else.
Ah, well then yes. In that case, visit your motherboard page and download/install

1) ASUS PC Probe II V1.04.75 f
2) ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit
3) AI Suite 1.05.27 Beta version for Windows7

I found your real motherboard page here:

http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=ogZlrSeVzUh9MKLO

Last edited:

Ask a Question