BSOD: System Service Exception since last week.

Reaction score
Getting BSOD: System Service Exception since last week, it just started showing after I bought a new screen, replacing my 22"WS + 19" with a 24"WS + 22"WS (HP ZR24w + Samsung 226BW)

So, a few days after I bought the new screen, my computer started crashing, I started to look on google for any possible solutions and updated all my drivers inkluding GFX.

I have the following setup:
Core i7 920
HD4890
Gigabyte X58 Extreme
6GB DDR3 Corsair 1333Mhz

Below is the crash dump from my latest crash, which happened when I reinstalled the Steam service. I also just recently formatted my PC with a clean version of Windows 7 Professional and this is the first crash since the format yesterday.

Any possible solutions?
Kind Regards,
Marabou

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi.

This is a 0x3B stop error. Here's your prescription. Follow it all and things should be well.

First, update your Realtek HD Audio driver from the following link:

Code:
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Thu Jul 24 06:05:39 2008
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

---------

Daemon Tools is known to crash Windows 7 like crazy. Please uninstall it in the normal method then use this installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys (very important):

DuplexSecure - Downloads

I recommend using PowerIso for drive emulation. It does not crash systems ever.

-----------

Uninstall all of the Gigbayte utilities which are unnecessary and always cause problems. After doing so, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete gdrv.sys if it is still present.

----------

Finally, uninstall Avast! which could very well be responsible for the stop error. Use the special tool found here to do so:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

I recommend MSE as a replacement because it is very efficient and does not cause bsod ever.

--------

Good luck and enjoy.

Reaction score
Hello again,

I followed your advice and reinstalled my computer and then not installing those programs and installing the correct drivers. While it worked good for a while, I now suffer the same BSOD again. The most noticable change is that I installed the Windows Live Messenger beta, could this be the problem?

I just had two BSODs within a few minutes when I started the game Heroes of Newerth while having the Steam service on top.

Here are the minidumps:

Attachments

Reaction score
I quickly looked over the drivers. All seem well to me. There was one unknown one to me and after a search, I see it is for Tunngle VPN software.

Code:
 tap0901t tap0901t.sys Wed Sep 16 02:02:43 2009
I would remove this and test the machine for some time to see how it goes, after.

Let us know about it, please.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick answer. I have used Tunngle for quite some time, even before this BSOD error, I replaced it over the use of Hamachi and it has actually not caused trouble.

As I said in my first post, this BSOD started when I upgraded my computer screen to a 24", do you think it has any correlation?

I'll roll back to an older version of Windows Live Messenger and see it this fixes the problem.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,
Marabou

Reaction score
Hello again,

I followed your advice and reinstalled my computer and then not installing those programs and installing the correct drivers. While it worked good for a while, I now suffer the same BSOD again. The most noticable change is that I installed the Windows Live Messenger beta, could this be the problem?
Hi Marabou,

Do you still have the same BSOD issue? You can check your system for software or hardware compatibility using the Windows 7 Compatibility Center. Download the Upgrade Advisor (which scans your machine for compatibility issues), or find updated drivers that address compatibility issues. The site is at http://bit.ly/CmptFAQ.

Ahmad AA
Windows 7 Professional Outreach Team

Ask a Question