BSOD randomly while gaming.

Reaction score
While gaming I get random BSOD. They are random and I have no real way to make them appear and it only happens while gaming, never while just browsing or watching YouTube. I have tried running memtest and got BSOD midway through the first test, however memory diagnostics finished with no errors. Prime95 also caused me to blue screen after pushing my CPU temperatures into the high 90c. I wanna rule out that it is overheating but I've had the Blue screens after checking temperatures and seeing them only in the high 40's through low 60's. My CPU almost always gets into the low 80's while gaming on Black ops 2, Chivalry Medieval Warfare and it has happened on GW2 but I've upped my GPU fan speed to 70% and it hasn't happened since on GW2. I'm using the stock CPU fans with no overclocking at all. I also am using a AE2500 wiresless adapter right now and it may be the culprit based on research I've done. I'm also completely unsure where this thread should even go.

Specs:
Mobo - ASUS P8Z77-V LX
OS - Windows 7 Premium
Processor - Intel i5 3570k
RAM - 2x 4gb G Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card - GTX 670 FTW edition
PSU - 750 Watt - Corsair CX750

Here is what WhoCrashed reported.

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 2/22/2013 11:36:20 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022213-9375-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8009A23028, 0xBE200000, 0x21136)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

I would like to upload my memory dump files so someone could analyze them for me but I'm not sure how to do it. If it helps, I ordered this PC from IBuyPower, which may have been a mistake on my part.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
HERE is how you zip and attach your DMPs.

Please read the other posts in that thread also, because it may give you more ideas like scanning for viruses & telling us if this is a recent issue or ever since you bought the computer or upgraded to W7, etc

Ask a Question