BSOD Playing SC2 and running Prime95

Reaction score
Recently I have been having issue random Bsod caused by my Vertex 3 SSD. After up dating it's firmware and re-installing windows everything seemed fine, been running a week without a hitch. Then twice today while playing Starcraft 2 I got the random BSOD, afterwitch I got an error message refering to Kernal Power error. I don't know what to think is the problem now. If anyone can help it would be much apprieciated. I have uploaded the latest minidumps that I have in a rar.

Attachments

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Recently I have been having issue random Bsod caused by my Vertex 3 SSD. After up dating it's firmware and re-installing windows everything seemed fine, been running a week without a hitch. Then twice today while playing Starcraft 2 I got the random BSOD, afterwitch I got an error message refering to Kernal Power error. I don't know what to think is the problem now. If anyone can help it would be much apprieciated. I have uploaded the latest minidumps that I have in a rar.
Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349-stop-0x124-what-means-what-try.html

Reactions: JMH

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
If Prime95 is crashing your system, you probably have either an unstable overclock or unstable RAM settings. Running a tool like Memtest or the built-in memory checker in the Windows 7DVD will confirm this.

If so, make sure the RAM voltages are set to exact specifications, along with the frequency and the timings. Even then, 16GB sounds like you have all four memory slots populated... when all the slots are populated users will often need to loosen the RAM timings to keep the system stable. In your case I'd suggest 9-9-9-27 2T timings and see if that works.

Ask a Question