BSOD on brand new machine installation

Reaction score
Hi

I'm getting BSOD's, including Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal errors every now and then on a brand new computer that was set up a few days ago, also running a brand new graphics card NVIDIA GTS 450, so I don't know if it might be the drivers for that that might be giving the issues, but I'm including the dump files, please could someone have a look and let me know what the problem may be?

Thanks

Attachments

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
My first time analyzing a crash dum :) Oh, and welcome ;)

Seems to be caused by ntkrpamp.exe
I'm not too sure, but I think that's caused by drivers - you should update yours.

I'll leave the rest to TorrentG for the moment ;)

Reaction score
My first time analyzing a crash dum :) Oh, and welcome ;)

Seems to be caused by ntkrpamp.exe
I'm not too sure, but I think that's caused by drivers - you should update yours.

I'll leave the rest to TorrentG for the moment ;)
Hey FC. Whenever it shows the cause to be a Microsoft OS component such as this, you must look at drivers on the system and update them. To do so, type lmtn then press enter. All drivers older than July 2009 need to be updated. It's good to update everything newest possible if there are known updates.

MS components, 100% (+ heh heh) are never the culprit no matter what.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey FC. Whenever it shows the cause to be a Microsoft OS component such as this, you must look at drivers on the system and update them. To do so, type lmtn then press enter. All drivers older than July 2009 need to be updated. It's good to update everything newest possible if there are known updates.

MS components, 100% (+ heh heh) are never the culprit no matter what.
Ok. Thanks for the tip ;)

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my head round these as well!
Daft Q#1 (of many!!) Where to type ltmn?

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks so much for the prompt replies, just to let you know, it seems to be faulty memory.
I redid a clean Win 7 installation after a quick format and while installing got the same BSOD again, so it almost definitely seems like hardware and usually it's the memory on a clean new machine. After that I also took out one of the modules, did the reload and haven't gotten the BSOD again yet (fingers crossed), I'm going to exchange both memory modules tomorrow and hopefully it will be the last of the BSOD's...

Thanks

Ask a Question