BSOD Mayhem!!

Reaction score
Ok, this is beginning to send me loopy!

This morning my desktop Acer crashed and started back up with an immediate BSOD!

I've so far, restored, scanned, spybotted, deleted files/programs and googled my butt off and STILL I'm getting it JUST when I think I've fixed it!

Also, I cant get a minidump because I cant stay logged on log enough to do anything!

The last thing I've just completed is the Spybot S&D and it wont remove the FORTY ONE Trojans it found because its now saying I dont have admin authority which isnt true. (I notice that I have my usual 3 user accounts and well as $homeuser and ASPNET, should they be there???)

Please help?

Reaction score
Hi PrettyGeek - Welcome to w7forums

Have you tried logging into Safe Mode?
Do you have a Restore Point to a time before you was infected?

Reaction score
Hi Clifford,

Yes and Yes! OMG I'm sitting here now in Safe mode command prompt and googling the hay out of it! The restore didnt work at all.

Any other thoughts?

Reaction score
No, should I try that then?
Which was should I get into my pc to download it and where's the best site?
I just ran sfc/scannow from command prompt and it "found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"
I'm just looking for the cbs.log to find the filepaths....

Gosh this is crazy...my eyes are bleeding! lol

Reaction score
Right, just ran Spybot in Safe Mode and it found lots of things and then "fixed" them, so I restarted pc and....WHAM....
BSOD!

I think i'm gonna give up and take it somewhere!!

Any thoughts on backing stuff up or copying files before?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi PrettyGeek, if you're able to use the PC in SafeMode, would you be able to zip and attach the minidumps please? I'm sure that will give more clues to the situation.

Welcome to the forums :).

Reaction score
This'll shed some light upon what likely caused your crashes. As follows:

Hi PrettyGeek, if you're able to use the PC in SafeMode, would you be able to zip and attach the minidumps please? I'm sure that will give more clues to the situation.
C:\Windows\Minidump.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score

Ask a Question