BSOD from SC2

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for what you're doing for everyone here

This is the first BSOD I've gotten from playing SC2 and I've played about 20 hours of it so far. I've actually been receiving a series of BSOD's from playing other games like Borderlands but this is the first from SC2. I already updated my graphics driver and installed MSE after removing Avira.

Looking at my event log, there was another critical error that appeared right after I rebooted that I'll attach:
Microsoft Antimalware has encountered an error trying to update signatures.

When I checked my windows update, it couldn't install update KB980232

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 QUAD CPU Q8400 2.66GHZ
4GB of Ram: 2x2gb OCZ Platinum
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45
Powersupply: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W
Graphics Card: ATI HD Radeon 4770

The dump from 823 is the bsod that I had received from SC2 today. The ones before it are the ones I got from Borderlands but I updated my drivers and removed avira AFTER those bsod's but I haven't played Borderlands since, maybe I missed something in there though. If there's conflicting programs in there, just look at the 823 then

Thank you

Attachments

Reaction score
Hello.

There's a lot wrong here. Let's get started...

All four crash dumps are pointing to your video card driver. It could use a little update but the other things wrong on your system are the real cause:

Code:
atikmdag atikmdag.sys Mon Aug 17 23:05:47 2009
Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

----------

You have to uninstall Daemon Tools normally. Then use this installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys from the system which is the most notorious driver ever under Windows 7:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Reboot and install PowerISO as a replacement for drive emulation. Emulation part of the software is free forever:

http://www.PowerISO.com

----------

The Realtek HD Audio driver needs an update:
Code:
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Tue Nov 17 07:13:00 2009
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

----------

This driver is a known bsod causer under Windows 7. It's your Realtek lan driver.

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009
Type systeminfo in a command prompt then hit enter to see which exact Realtek lan you have. Search its number on the left side of this link. Then download and install the latest software (driver) for it.

If you need further help on this one, please let me know because it is important to update. If you have 8111, use the link itself without searching:

RTL8111

---------

Uninstall all your older CD/DVD software to get rid of this driver. You can Google it so see what comes up thay you know you have installed. Uninstall them then check that the driver is gone at C:\Windows\System32\drivers
Code:
PxHlpa64 PxHlpa64.sys Wed Oct 17 14:25:02 2007
Delete it manually the reboot if you must.

--------

Code:
netr28x  netr28x.sys  Wed Feb 25 22:02:09 2009
This is your wireless driver. Please visit the manufacturer's site for the latest update to install. If you need help, let me know.

---------

If you have further problems, please post a new crash dump so I could show you which changes you might have missed.

Good luck and enjoy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Been following your steps but I would like to request help with the realtek lan driver update

my network card is Real RTL8168C<P>/8111C<P>, does that fall under the 8111 you were talking about and could you specifically direct me for this part, I don't want to mess up something important

Reaction score
Curious how things are going there...? Any crashes lately or it's been all good?

Reaction score
I am getting BSODs while installing SC2

thanks also for the nice work

my setup is an intel i7 on a x58 extreme with a geforce GTX550Ti
OS is Win 7 64 bit

when I install Starcraft 2, my machine crashes in the middle of installation. here are the minidumps attached

Attachments

Ask a Question