First SC2 BSOD, now random BSOD

Reaction score
I used to get BSOD once in a while playing SC2. In the past month I've gotten about 5 - 6 BSODs from SC2 and random crashes, meanwhile I've only had about 7 or 8 in total since I built this rig in the spring. I've received the irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD and a few others and I can't remember. I'm considering wiping it clean and starting fresh. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

specs:
Phenom II X4 965 BE
MSI 890FX GD-70
XFX Radeon HD 5770
2x2 GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers

Attachments

Reaction score
Hey, fellow NYer. Nice, welcome.

Let fix your issues here. :)

1) Uninstall Daemon Tools. Then use this installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys from the system (do not update with it instead) and reboot:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Install PowerISO to replace it. The disc emulation is free forever and perfectly stable:

http://www.PowerISO.com

2) Uninstall ESET is safe mode with this tool:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE to replace, which is bsod-proof.

3) Run the following command from an elevated command prompt:

chkdsk /r C:

Do so for each drive letter on the system that is on a hard drive. Change C each time to match the letters, for each run.

Also remove any external storage for now, like usb sticks or usb drives.

4) Update video driver:

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

---------

Very likely there is faulty RAM here, but we'll get to that if needed. Let us know how it goes please. Post new crashes if necessary.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome, G :D

I have 1 more unsurprising crash while playing SC2 right after posting the thread.

I am in the process of following the steps to fix my system and I'll reply when I finish.

Attachments

Reaction score
You have a problem with AODAssist.

Uninstall AMD Overdrive and all other motherboard utilities.

Reaction score
Alrighty so I finally finished running chkdsk on all the internal drives. Going to hang for a bit and play a round of SC2 and if something happens, I'll report back and if not, I owe you a brew.

Thanks again, G.

Ask a Question