BSOD ATI win7 SC2 crash

Reaction score
hi I have just got myself a new computer.

• CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T Six-Core CPU
  • HDD: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache HDD (Single Hard Drive)
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M4N68T-M NF630A AM3 DDR3/1066 SATA PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
  • MEMORY: 4GB (2x2GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory ( currently 2GB )
  • VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5770 PCI-E 16X 1GB DDR5 Video Card
  • PSU 750W
and i have been having " memory management" BSOD .. when you go and look in the log it says it is kernal power issue. so i took the computer back and got it checked and one of the Ram sticks was faulty.. it was removed but im still having the same crash while in starcraft 2

i dont know weather i can do anything at the moment or if its just a starcraft2 ATI win 7 driver clash?

Help please!!

Reaction score
Haha Starcraft 2 has been taking down systems everywhere and showing the computers' faults.

Let's fix this up for ya.

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete:
Code:
AsIO     AsIO.sys     Mon Dec 17 04:10:20 2007
Reboot.

Congrats. Everything else looks good, which is very rare to only have one issue like this.

Post a new crash dump after the change if necessary. I think it's all that's needed though and no future bsod will happen.

Reaction score
when i restarted a message popped up "Can't open AsIO.sys!! (2)"

not sure if thats bad or good.. but will keep you posted

Reaction score
It's good.

Obviously, the ASUS motherboard utility you have installed is trying to access the deleted file.

Simply uninstall that utility now or use msconfig or Regedit to stop it from starting with Windows.

Reaction score
well it seems to work well *knocking on wood*
but as im a noob can i have a little more detail how to stop windows starting it.. ta

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it.

Yep. Best bet is to uninstall all ASUS utilities in the normal method. That includes ProbeII, or really any/all other utilities from ASUS.

Reaction score
Just to keep you up to date, played SC2 for over 8 games. but this morning started playing and it crashed to desktop but no BSOD. but only once.

I assume i just have to wait for Blizzard to update.
otherwise pretty stable!

thanks again

Reaction score
All the drivers seem well to me. The crash dump involves the video card driver though.

What I would do is precisely as this:

Boot to safe mode + networking. Download Driver Sweeper from Guru3d.com. Use it to remove all ATI/AMD video driver software, drivers, etc...

Then when done, install the latest video driver again from AMD's site:

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Do that also while still in safe mode.

Then reboot to normal mode and install the driver there yet again, so you have the Control Panel.

-----------

There may be an issue with the hibernation file on your machine based on things I see. You can disable hibernation by opening an elevated command prompt. Type the following then press enter:

powercfg -h off

Reaction score
k will do, i just also deleted ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY, as i read that it can cause some errors. will keep you posted

Reaction score
hi i have downloaded the driver pack, but its only got nvstor32.sys . i have both nvstor.sys and nvstor32.sys drivers in my driver folder.

do i just overwrite this driver?

Reaction score
Right click it. Update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse. Find the .inf in the folder and double click it. Hit ok then next and it will install.

The video card driver process is likely to be very important as well...and also the hibernation part I mentioned.

Reaction score
followed your instructions

box popped up

" The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. if the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows 32 bit systems"

im downloading the drivers again to see if i accidentally got the wrong ones

Reaction score
That message is impossible to show if you actually double click on the .inf file as part of the process.

Don't specify a folder. Rather, follow the process as I posted it above.

Also, make sure you're updating the NVIDIA storage driver in Storage Controllers section.

Reaction score
Hi, I did do what you said and selected the .inf file. not sure what you mean by 'storage controller section' i tried to update stuff in 'storage volumes' ...

that was the closest thing with that name.

again, thanks for the help

Ask a Question