BSOD fresh win7-64 install 0x00000124

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought new PC, and the problem start when I try to install OS.
I have legel key but no disc, so I download Windows 7 64-bit ultimate from digitalriver serwers, create bootable iso and install system. Then it started constantly crashes when I try to install drivers or copy big files from one disk to another. The error I keep getting was BSOD 0x00000124. I unplugged and plugged everything again, run chkdisk, test RAM with memtest86 and check voltage and temperatures but everything was fine. Of course I tried reinstall system, download iso again, try to use iso from Home Premium or install not from usb but burn iso on dvd - the same problem. What's strange, everytime I get errors when I tried use windows update. Once it won't even open, once it keep getting diffirent errors and constantly crashes when I try to install updates. Even when I activate it with legal key. It shouldn't be hardware fault, because I install newest Tomb Raider game, and it run smoothly for two hours - but when I open the web browser I got instant crash.

Worker from computer shop said it's probably errors that I get from installing OS from custom dvd/usb and I should try the original disc. Problem is I have original key from ultimate and I don't buy another one just for original disk. Someone know what to do?

I attached lasted BSOD dump:

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Two things, the error is probably because you need to update the drivers. Get the drivers from the hardware manufacturer.

But first, if you own an Ultimate key then reinstall Ultimate, not Home Premium. If you downloaded from the official W7-SP1-U Digital Rivers links then you do have a real DVD (or flash) Installation.

Once you have Ultimate back in place then check for a BIOS update and update the video driver, etc.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What drivers have you updated? post the latest DMPs so we can see what drivers you changed.

Ask a Question