BSOD followed by USB problems

Reaction score
Hi guys, many thanks for reading this and giving up your time to help out!

I came home to my computer being off, when switching it back on again the BIOS 're-built' the BIOS said that it was re-initialising???

So this was bizarre, then upon booting into windows I had a BSOD, followed by another when trying to figure out the problem in Safe Mode. The minidumps are attached.

My keyboard was also not working, nor was the USB printing driver support. Screenshots are also included to show this.

Now I can induce a BSOD by trying to re-install keyboard drivers, otherwise the system is running very stable, no BSOD's, but a slower than usual boot-up is being experienced.

The keyboard is not faulty as it functions in other systems. Another keyboard has been attached which is working perfectly but uses a different generic windows driver.....

I'm confused and any help would be fantastic, I am more than willing to simply wipe, but if a hardware issue underlies this I'd obviously like to know.

Many thanks!!

Attachments

Reaction score
First thing is first. Uninstall the notorious Daemon Tools normally. Then use the installer/uninstaller to remove the sptd.sys that crashes machines worse than anything. You have to pay attention to do it right, while running it so as to uninstall rather that update:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

If you still want disc emulation, install PowerISO which is perfectly stable. The emulation part of the software is free forever:

http://www.PowerISO.com

----------

This old driver must be updated for the Realtek lan:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009

Type systeminfo in a command prompt then press enter. It will tell you the Realtek lan number. If 8111, use the following link. If anything else, search the left side of the link for the update:

RTL8111

----------

These drivers from National Instruments Corporation are way too old for Windows 7:

NiViPxiK NiViPxiK.sys Thu Jul 19 12:55:14 2007
NiViPxiKl NiViPxiKl.sys Thu Jul 19 12:55:20 2007
nidimk nidimk.dll Thu Jul 12 19:12:37 2007

Whatever they are for, update them to the newest available:

http://www.ni.com/

----------

Your Creative drivers are outdated and need to be updated:

ctsfm2k ctsfm2k.sys Wed Jun 03 13:57:30 2009
CTHWIUT CTHWIUT.SYS Wed Jun 03 14:01:09 2009
CT20XUT CT20XUT.SYS Wed Jun 03 14:01:05 2009
ctac32k ctac32k.sys Wed Jul 02 04:38:22 2008
emupia2k emupia2k.sys Wed Jun 03 13:57:22 2009
ctprxy2k ctprxy2k.sys Wed Jun 03 13:59:48 2009
ctoss2k ctoss2k.sys Wed Jun 03 13:57:43 2009

http://support.creative.com/

------------

Update your ATI/AMD video card driver from here:

atikmpag atikmpag.sys Tue Mar 02 22:07:33 2010

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

----------

Your iaStorv.sys is way outdated. Install this Microsoft patch to bring it up to date:

iaStorV iaStorV.sys Wed Apr 08 12:57:17 2009

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982018

----------

Uninstall the notorious AVG in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE which is perfectly stable, to replace it.

------------

Finally, download the newest version of your keyboard driver only from the manufacturer's site and install. It will go well for you after doing all of the above things.

If you run into further issues after doing all of the above, then please then post a new crash dump to analyze.

Enjoy.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help there, I'll get back if that doesn't solve the issue!

Many thanks

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your help, I carried out all the processes that you suggested and was still able to induce a BSOD... when the problem occurred to me!

Whatever had caused the unusual BIOS rebuild pre-POST, had caused the BIOS to revert to a 'backup' revision of the BIOS, which of course was very old and hence causing USB related issues and instability due to drivers not functioning correctly with the old BIOS.

New BIOS installed and all problems gone. Stress test confirm and happy days!

I'm sure that the updates you recommended will surely be useful and thanks for the inspiration that led to the solution!

Ask a Question