IPAD Sync Failure followed by BSOD Bugcode_USB_Driver

Reaction score
While syncing an ipad yesterday itunes claimed that it couldn't complete the sync because the ipad connection was lost. Then it wouldn't communicate at all anymore. Reboot of both devices allowed the iPad to connect again, however, the failed sync caused the iPad to need restoring. The restoration process kept failing as well... then I got a BSOD on a PC reboot again. I could use help reading the dump file. All my drivers for the USB are up to date... just checked. I tried both USB plugs on the front and unplugged all but the mouse and keyboard in the back and tried it... no avail.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
If you have HP Support assistant, have you run it?

Reaction score
Yes. It just ran yesterday as a matter of fact. Just shortly before the issues. It reported no problems.

Reaction score
Btw. I plugged my iPad into the back of the PC instead of the front today and it restored. I'm afraid to try the front plugs again. All are suppose to be USB 2.0

Shintaro

Reaction score
Could you please do a screen capture the "Updates and tune-ups" page in support assistant.
Sometimes it doesn't show everything. I have had it say that there were "No updates available" but when I manually checked there were a couple.

Ask a Question