BSOD Errors

Reaction score
Hi guys, just found out about this forum and I'm really hoping it can help what is happening with my system. I have been getting a few different BSOD's: both System Service Exception, and bad pool caller errors which crash the computer either while booting or randomly when I am using the computer. This only seems to happen in 64 bit and not 32 bit. I have run memory tests, and tested a lot of other hardware but everything seems to check out perfectly. The latest crash happened when I was installing the latest driver for my Nvidia GTS 250 video card and had happened earlier when uninstalling the ATI catalyst software. This problem has been ongoing for a long time and I gave up on the computer awhile ago, however I spent a good bit of money on this thing and it has great parts so I'd really like to get it working if possible. Another issue that I've had is it fails installation many times saying that it cannot verify the disk, I havent known if thats just a disk drive error, or is related but it takes multiple attempts to get the OS installed. I have read that underclocking the ram could be a fix but I wanted to see if there were any other thoughts before I did that.

The parts are as follows...

-Mobo- Gigabyte MA790GPT-UD3h Bios F4G
-Processor- AMD Phenom II X4 955 black edition 3.2ghz. not overclocked
-8 Gb Ram Gskill Ripjaws 1333ghz ram 9-9-9-24 model # F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL
-XFX GS250XZDFU GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
-TV TUNER HAUPPAUGE 1196 HVR-1250 RT
-WL ADPT ROSEWILL|RNX-G300LX 54M RTL
-1Tb HDD (SATA)
-250Gb HDD (SATA)
-500Gb HDD (SATA)
-320Gb HDD (SATA)
-BluRay SATA drive
-Lightscribe DVD-RW drive (IDE master)
-DVD drive (IDE slave)
-3 120mm Case Fans
-1 80mm processor fan
-1 160mm case fan
-hec X-Power Pro 600 600W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

Hope you guys can help, I will be posting the minidump files when I get home

Logan

Last edited:
Reaction score
This ancient driver for your Linksys wireless card must be updated, without a doubt. Look in the device manager under network adapters if you aren't sure which you have. Install the Vista driver if no 7 driver is available:

Code:
RT2500   RT2500.sys   Thu Jun 01 10:39:06 2006
http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/linksys/

-------------

This is not a problem. I only mention it because I enjoy seeing updated drivers and it's good to do. Update the Realtek HD Audio driver:

Code:
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Fri Mar 12 16:47:03 2010
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

----------

Other than that, I think you'll be well off after this. Please let us know how it goes and post a new crash dump if it is necessary. Good luck and enjoy.

Reaction score
The RT2500 driver is now gone. That's good but not sure why as it should still be there, only with a newer date.

This new driver is now present, but with an old date:
Code:
 usbfilter usbfilter.sys Fri Apr 03 07:39:51 2009
Based on a quick search, it seems to be part of the AMD chipset driver package. Please install the latest from here to update it:

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_chipset_amd_7series-v2.0_win7-64.exe

---------------

You can update your Realtek lan driver although it wasn't causing problems. Again, just good to do:

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Mon Mar 22 05:57:14 2010
ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/driver/motherboard_driver_lan_realtek_8111_w7.exe

-------------

And install the latest HD Audio driver which has never been updated yet:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Reaction score
Sure thing, it's all good. You're welcome. :)

The good news:

Code:
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Wed Jul 28 06:01:36 2010
Realtek HD Audio driver is now current and up to date.

The bad news:

Code:
usbfilter usbfilter.sys Fri Apr 03 07:39:51 2009
still exists.

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Mon Mar 22 05:57:14 2010
still exists.

-----------

From the following link, download

"Win7 Auto Installation Program (SID:1415809)"

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...C/RTL8111CP/RTL8111D(L)<br>RTL8168C/RTL8111DP

then double click the file once its done downloading to begin installation.

----------

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/motherboard_driver_chipset_amd_7series-v2.0_win7-64.exe

Do the same for this above link. If it doesn't update usbfilter.sys, I'll look a little bit more into the file and/or reasons why for ya.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Everything is well now with drivers, besides the elusive usbfilter.sys.

It seems that usbfilter.sys could be part of VMWare. if you have any type of VMWare software, uninstall.

If usbfilter.sys is still present at C:\Windows\System32\drivers after uninstallation, rename it to usbfilter.BAK.

Reboot. Then use Ccleaner to clean the registry. Reboot again for good measure.

If issues persist, very likely a memory issue. Test with Memtest86+ overnight. If any errors are shown, you then can know for sure that memory is bad.

Reaction score
Well I renamed the driver and when I rebooted I had no mouse haha... is the Ccleaner supposed to fix that?

Reaction score
No, Ccleaner won't fix that.

Hit the Windows key on the keyboard. Hit tab until the selector goes above where Computer is. Then use the down arrow to get to Computer. Hit Enter. Select drive C: if necessary then hit Enter again.

Now use the up or down arrow to highlight the Windows folder. Hit Enter. Use the arrows to get to System32 folder. Hit Enter. Use arrows to go to drivers folder. Hit Enter.

Use arrows to get to usbfilter.BAK
Use F2 on the keyboard to rename it to usbfilter.sys

Reboot.

----

I would then download and burn Memtest86+ to test the memory.

Ask a Question