Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 270.920
==================================================
Can anyone help?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
ntoskrl is the Windows kernal so this is just a catch-all error and not descriptive enough to point to a cause.

You need to follow the instructions HERE including
-running a safe mode virus scan and
-zipping and posting your DMP files and
-describing your computer history.

Also currently our only active BSOD expert is in training so his replies can sometimes take about a week. If you post the DMPs I will have a look but unless it's obviously a driver pointed to in the DMP then I'm not experienced enough to help.

Reaction score
The computer is 2 weeks old, that happens many times daily.
Is it a driver problem?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Because your machine is new, it could be a hardware problem or an incorrect BIOS setting or possibly a driver. The DMP file mentions the kernal and Wdf01000.sys, both of which are Windows system files, so not likely the actual cause and therefore beyond my debugging abilities.

What is the make/model of your computer? What I would suggest is first making sure you are completely up-to-date on all your Windows Updates, then go to the manufacturers website and see if they have new BIOS and any new drivers and if so then install them.

Also you could run memtest86+ overnight just to make sure your memory isn't bad, you would be surprised how often brand new RAM is bad.

Of course if it is only two weeks old then you should still be under warranty and so you could call the manufacturer but how good they are usually depends on how lucky you get. Usually best to try the things I mentioned above first.

Reaction score
My computer is a Hp brand, i have made my updates but still nothing, i will check my bios.

Reaction score
I scan my driver with detective driver a hi found 10 drivers off a date, can that be a problem?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It could be a problem but the various software to detect out-of-date drivers are notoriously buggy and inaccurate. I discourage their use. If you choose to use it to install new drivers with that software, then use these precautions:
Make a restore point on your computer before installing.
Then install one and only one driver.
Then reboot your system and see if it boots normally. If you cannot boot normally then enter safe mode (F8) and restore from the restore point you made. That driver is not correct for your computer and shows once again how dangerous driver updaters can be.
Go back to the top taking another restore point and install the next driver on the list, carefully skipping any that forced you to restore.

You should really get drivers from HP or from the manufacturers of the components (example Realtek for sound drivers)

Reaction score
This is a work computer, it was all fine, but i install a sweex prolific usb to comm port driver, a need him, then the problem appears.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well your best bet is to uninstall that driver and see if the problem goes away. If you can't find a different driver that works then you will need to replace the hardware that requires it.

It was fine + you installed a driver + computer starts having BSODs = extremely high probability that driver is not compatible with your computer.

Make sure you have the latest driver. Perhaps Prolific offers a different driver for your device (if they offer 32 & 64 bit then be sure to get the right one for your OS installation).

Last edited:

Ask a Question