BSOD, BAD_POOL_HEADER

Reaction score
Hello, I have been having some problems a while with crashes involving BAD_POOL_HEADER and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
I have tried solving these errors by reading other sites but with no sucess.

• Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 2.33 GHz
  • AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
  • 6 GB RAM
  • Windows 7 64-bit
  • MSI P45 Neo-F​
Thanks for any help!

Attachments

Reaction score
I have ran memtest, everything looked good after a couple of hours. I may have left out some important information, please ask!

Shintaro

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply! I will do as you said. I searched the filename and it's used for a E-ID that my bank provided for me if you did not understand where it was from.

Here is a picture of it

Reaction score
I did as you said and used both programs, found nothing.
I also uninstalled the bank-id program from the computer. Thanks

Shintaro

Reaction score
Can you please enable Driver Verifier (Instructions below).

Please print the instructions just in case Driver Verifier get stuck in a reboot loop.

What other USB devices do you have plugged in?

(Borrowed from Zigzag3143 posts)
Driver verifier

Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:

1. Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
  2. Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
  3. Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
  4. Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
  5. Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
  6. Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
  7. Select "Finish" on the next page.

• Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
  • Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
  • The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.

If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Reaction score
Ok, ill do that tomorrow. It's one hour past midnight here (Sweden) thanks for the help! Ill try it tomorrow and reply again!

Oh, and other devices I have plugged in are:

Logitech Webcam
Older wireless HP keyboard.
Razer Deathadder
(Samsung Galaxy Nexus usb cable) - Not using

Reaction score
Hi again, got a new dump file so I thought ill upload it. I am currently moving some files I need (trying) to external hard drive. After that I will try with driver verifier.
Sorry, forgot to write earlier that I get random freezes and I have to restart the computer with power button. Everything feels very slow at the moment aswell.
Thanks!

Attachments

Reaction score
Finally got my files transfered. Got verifier enabled, got a blue screen earlier but did not get a dump file as the computer froze aswell.
1 out of 10 is BSOD rest seems to be freezes that makes it unable to do something other than press the power button. Trying to get a new BSOD but not going so well haha!

Shintaro

Reaction score
Now that Driver Verifier is enabled, please upload the crash files when it happens.

The Driver Verifier should stop the freezing by Blue screening the computer. This enables analysis in a situation where it is difficult.

Reaction score
It does not seem to stop the freezes. Got a couple of BSOD but no dump files. Computer freezes at startup aswell. And after some minutes when logged in.

I got this message a couple of times lately ( in swedish ) ill try to translate it.

"One USB-unit is not recognized

One of the USB-units connected to the computer is working faulty and can not be recognized.

Oanvänd port = unused port.

Recommendation: Try connecting the unit again. Replace the unit if it still can not be recognized."

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Are you able to swap out the Razer Deathadder mouse with a generic one, for a test?

Also, when it freezes, can you make the CAPS light go on and off by pressing the CAPS LOCK button on the keyboard?

Reaction score
Tried everything now haha! Still no luck, tried with another mouse plugged in only. Freezed aswell.
Got a cordless keyboard and when it freezes I can still se that the reciever is flashing when typing. But can't turn caps on/off.

Ill try formating my computer now, hope for the best.

Reaction score
Hi again! Formated my computer, and the problem remains. Got BSOD at startup. Managed to get 2 Blue screens, one with verifier enabled I think.
Ill post the new dump files and im really happy for the help so far!

Attachments

Ask a Question