BSOD and wont start up

Reaction score
Hi
my pc runs pretty much all the time... yesterday I got home and noted a bluescreen. This has never happened to me before. I then restarted the pc and all it did was started up the fans (in my opinion). i then shut it down and it restarted by itself... i then shut it down and again it restarted. repeated this process twice after that and then decided to switch off my power supply and leave it for a while... 2 hrs later i attempt to restart and this time absolutely nothing happens.

This morning i decided to strip down and unplug all unnecessary drives and stuff... reseated all components and then tried to start up again. This time it started the fans again and it went no further. I tried a different (working) power supply and still it only starts up the fans.

What can this be? mobo?

Reaction score
What can this be? mobo?
Sounds like hardware, actually could be anything, hard to tell for sure.

If you could get your crash dumps somehow, from C:\Windows\Minidump - that could shed some light. But it doesn't boot in your case.

Can you boot from your 7 install Dvd and proceed to the startup repair?

Can you boot to safe mode?

Reaction score
ok... thanks for the assistance... i have singled out the mobo... and replaced it... all is well again. Thanks again for the assistance.

Ask a Question