BSOD 2 different BSODs.

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new.

I'm not a complete Tech fool, but not a Bill gates either so i might understand quite a lot of what you say so lets give it a go.

I've had two BSODS in the past hour (prior to post's time)

1 while playing Red Orchestra 2 HOS via Steam on-line, The game hindered for a second, then I was hit with a BSOD, saying something along the lines of DXymms1.sys (I couldn't not it down quick enough before my comp decided a restart was in order.)
Once the restart had happened in a frantic mode because of my first BSOD with a fairly new rig i taped enter and went straight to 'Restart windows' (not in safe mode!)

It restarted ok and went straight to windows, So i began digging around and creating a dump file when before i knew it i was hit with another, this time it said something along the lines of Driver IRQL not less or more than (reason i joined up was googling that error but not seeing one specific to my error, and obviously to be graced with your huge pumping Windows 7 knowledge banks.)

This time the restart was a bit harsh, in short it didn't restart, Using my knowledge i thought i'd check my GPU as it's over clocked (by manufacturer) it wasn't too hot or too cool, so i pressed the power button and i heard a weird noise, like a struggle of a disk spinning after some one stuck a label on it, and it got hot and came off mid spin, the computer immediately shut down again, then restarted on its own, this happened twice with no Bios beep, so i shut it down (finger on the power button) took the power cable out and routed around, all looked well, plugged it back in, tried again, same sound.

At first i thought it ws my HDD, and because this noise was harsh, i thought i would feel the vibration from what ever is causing the problem, It wasn't the HDD, it was the DVD drive, so i opened it (no disk in there what so ever) took a look inside with a torch and all looked ok in there, tried again, same noise and no sys beep.

So i changed over some power cables, i done this because the GPU takes up a lot of space in the rig, and might have pushed some wires out, threw sheer idleness i stuck it in when i got it and left it knowing the cables were pushed and squashed, so this all prompted a clean up, moved the GPU a tad, pushed and tweeked some cables (nothing is damaged) stuck a new power cable from the PSU into the DVD drive and tried again.

It restarted and here i am now, sorry for the long story but i was told to give as much info as possible.

Here is the crash log 'Minidump' completed at 19:53:38 16sept 11

Thank you for taking the time to help me, so far it's not happened again. will update if it does. thanks all.

Attachments

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
There's unloaded modules here, my guess is that there was a function call to a driver that was unloaded. Or system corruption had occured.

Loading User Symbols
Missing image name, possible paged-out or corrupt data.
Loading unloaded module list
.Missing image name, possible paged-out or corrupt data.
...Missing image name, possible paged-out or corrupt data.
..Missing image name, possible paged-out or corrupt data.
..Missing image name, possible paged-out or corrupt data.
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {50, 6, 0, fffff88002fade0e}

***** Debugger could not find nt in module list, module list might be corrupt, error 0x80070057.

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( Unknown_Module_fffff800`00000099>+3098ba7 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Here's the indication above.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Run Memtestx86 - http://www.memtest86.com/

2) Run a Hardware Diagnostics test. If that passes, then move on to driver verifier:

3) Driver Verifier: Note make sure you backup your data first
If you have access to another computer you can contact us through your other working system in case any problems prevent you from getting into Windows. Make a System Restore point as well.

A startup repair disk may assist you in a system restore during boot if you can't get into Windows as well. In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start > All Programs > Maintenance > "Create a System Repair Disc". With Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation CD/DVD or the "Repair your computer" option in the F8/Safe mode boot menu

Follow these steps:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier.exe" and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the BSOD. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 48 hours (recommended) of continuous operation to make sure.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode (recommended) or boot from Last Known Good Configuration.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD or startup repair menu to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
You're next minidump shows me that there was a system service exception pointing towards your DirectX graphics driver. So what's really happening (my best guess) is a function call to a driver that was either unloaded or corrupted, and it couldn't execute because of excessive paged pool usage and passing bad data to the kernel code from being unable to read the unloaded or corrupted module.

Ask a Question