blue screen error

tmb

Reaction score
I've had my pc for over a year and it's now crashing and won't start at all. It's and ASUS PC running windows 7.

It crashed and now when I run it in start up repair, it give me the following error:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0xFFFFFA8303D8B378, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0XFFFF8000C0B1881)

I can't run my computer to change the settings or look for drivers in the manner suggested in some of the other threads. Does anyone know a way I can try to trouble shoot this using the system set up for BIOS settings that is on ASUS computers?

Reaction score
Try using 'Startup Repair', you can easily get by keep pressing the F8 key just after starting the system.
Second thing, double check your CPU & motherboard power cables to find and replace the faulty parts.
Make sure that your hard drive is working properly.

Good Luck!!

Reactions: tmb

tmb

Reaction score
Thanks. I was able to make some progress going through startup repair. I think ultimately i need a new hard drive though. :(

Try using 'Startup Repair', you can easily get by keep pressing the F8 key just after starting the system.
Second thing, double check your CPU & motherboard power cables to find and replace the faulty parts.
Make sure that your hard drive is working properly.

Good Luck!!

Reaction score
Yes.. You need to go with it, when the hard drive is not detectable in BIOS as well as not able to boot from. Hope you've already taken backup of your data so that you can place them in your new hard drive.:rolleyes:

Ask a Question