Bitdefender Total Security 2009 worked 100% but failed in reinstallation process.

Reaction score
I have Windows 7 build 7000 32 bit installed and always fully updated on my 2.6GHz Pentium Dual Core E5300, with GA-945GCM-S2L Gigabyte mainboard.

A week ago I installed 'Bitdefender Total Security 2009'. It installed, updated consecutively, worked (scanning, firewall, realtime protection, internet, etc) really fine until I decided to uninstall it to try 'Kaspersky Technical Preview for Windows 7'. I had enough with Kaspersky and I uninstall it to reinstall BDTS2009 but - after about a minute BDTS2009 undergo installation process - an error notification showed up:

An error occured during the installation of assembly component {9BAE13A2-E7AF-D6C3-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x8007054F.

I clicked OK and a rolling back process started, installation failed. I used the 'Uninstall Tool' Bitdefender provided and try another BDTS2009 installation process but the same thing happened.

Can anyone give me conclusion? I really like BDTS2009 and want it to be installed on my PC.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Julio, welcome to the forums :ciao:

It looks like others (on the BD Forum) have had this same error in Vista, and the solution was to remove all BD files from the following folder:

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps

I don't have access to a copy of W7 at the moment to confirm that path exists or if that is the correct solution - as I'm just getting my PC up and running after a hard drive problem. However, I hope the link above is some use for now :)

Reaction score
you're the admin? howcome you don't have any copy of windows 7? hard drive problem.. any backup? no? nevermind.

anyway, I visited the link you gave. the location "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps" can't be reach by 'Run Command' so I typed that location in 'Windows Explorer' and arrived at exact path 'C:\Users\Julio Andretti Hero\Local Settings\Apps' I've sent everything there into the recycle bin and rerun BDTS2009 setup file. and nothing is changed. nothing is changed.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
you're the admin? howcome you don't have any copy of windows 7? hard drive problem.. any backup? no? nevermind.
Yes, but I can't work magic and recover from a hard drive crash within moments!

I've restored backups of everything within a few hours (see here), so I'm back to the exact same system with Vista/W7 on a new hard drive.

I'm not sure what else would be causing that error, but if I can see anything I'll report back.

Ask a Question