Best USB Gadgets

Reaction score
I'm sure you've all seen some of the crazy USB powered gadgets that are available on the net, so I thought we could post any really good ones that we find in here for a bit of entertainment :)

How about a USB powered chainsaw :lol:

http://www.usbchainsaw.com/index.php

Attachments

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have a watch of this USB device in action:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]rI-pct3zy18[/MEDIA]"]YouTube - Humping Dog[/ame]

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
USB Volcano

USB Volcano brings earth, fire and water together on your desktop and are reflected in this amazing kinetic sculpture.
Connect with your USB port and watch the lava continuously erupt from the Volcano, creating an astonishing display.
Directions for use:
Unscrew the top cap and pull out the plug
Pour dish detergent and pure distilled water (recommended) into the top of the Volcano
Replace the cap
Connect the USB cable to you USB port
Watch the Volcano erupt
:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good find! I'm glad you bumped this thread as I like seeing funny USB gadgets ;)

Found a USB Plasma ball which looks pretty neat:

Attachments

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Now this is the sort of thing my better half would like :D

Reaction score
USB Fridge

USB Fridge
www.madovergadgets.com

Everybody knows the wary territory of the office fridge. You wander over in the afternoon looking for your chilled soda and sandwich only to find that unscrupulous colleague has nicked your drink again! This USB-powered fridge keeps things personal and keeps your drinks protected right at your desk!
Features:
-Just seconds after plugging in the Fridge the cold plate chills to the perfect temperature for helping keep your beverage cool.
-Powered by USB with 4 feet of cable
-Plug & play, Compatible with PC & Mac platforms

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
USB Fish Tank

A unique gift idea for the I,T whiz or office worker, this funky USB Fishtank will certainly turn heads in the home or office. This USB powered device will look great next to your computer, offering some much needed distraction when work gets the better of you!
Features:

• USB Fishtank.
  • USB - powered desktop aquarium.
  • Swimming fish with hinged tails.
  • Blue LED can be used to light-up the aquarium.
  • Just add water.
This item is a novelty item, and is not to be used with live fish.

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/usb-fish-tank/

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
etalmar, is that a joke like the chainsaw one or is it real?

Reaction score
Cant find the link now but I did see a USB powered coffee cup. No idea how long it would take to get the water hot. Oh and at the same site, USB mini desk fan to keep you cool.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Torrent posted the coffeemaker in another thread, as HappyMommy wants one, but they seem to be sold out everywhere. Makes me wonder if there is a design flaw, lawsuit, or if they are just so darn good you can't keep 'em on the shelves.

Firebox Desktop Coffee MakerIs there anything better than a coffee to get you firing on all cylinders? Firebox have released what is arguably the coolest cubicle gadget ever – a USB Coffee Maker.
Sure it’s cool, but does it make a descent cuppa? Stay tuned as we try and find a free USB port and get a hold of one brewing babies.

The Desktop Coffee Maker is available from Firebox for only 19UK Pounds.

http://www.digitalreviews.net/news/industry-news/mmm-coffee-firebox-usb-desktop-coffee-maker.html

I suggested every mommy needs the usb lie detector.

http://www.ninjagizmos.com/products/Cubicle/USB_Polygraph

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
5 volts DC power is not near enough voltage or wattage to power a coffee maker!

Reaction score
5 volts DC power is not near enough voltage or wattage to power a coffee maker!
5 Volts may provide enough power but not when it's amperage is severely regulated as USB ports are. You would have better luck running such a device off of a firewire port. However I fear you would overload that port as well with the requirement needed for such a high powered device. This would be about the same as trying to jump start your car with a 12V Drill battery.

If an inverter can convert 12V-DC to 110V-AC, the same can be done with 5V-DC.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
If an inverter can convert 12V-DC to 110V-AC, the same can be done with 5V-DC.
Very true Cliff, but as you stated it's the amperage that makes the difference. Most people don't realize that it's not the voltage that kills it's the amps.

Reaction score
Is that like it's not the height of the fall that kills you but the stop at the end. lol

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Cat - those just gimmick items! WAY TOO expensive for the return on investment.

You'd be better off getting some rechargeable NiMh batteries and a decent charger. As a matter of fact for the price of the $17 or so, you can get 4-AA batteries and a charger.

Ask a Question