Before Posting PC Problems/Issue's

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to Windows 7 Forums :ciao:

It is highly recommended that when posting your issue's on the forum to ensure that you have filled in as much as possible of your system specifications in your profile, as this will speed up the chance of your problems being solved in a more efficient way :)

Thank you peeps!

Have a nice stay!

Bugsy :D

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling this thread was made to be stickied...
I agree though.

Reaction score
I know the details are clearly there in your profile but i think it will make people actually do it before posting, they see all the fields in the system section an think.. god i cant be bothered :)

Its just a reminder of how important it is.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Actualy, Ian should say this in the welcome PM.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I brought this up before but it was mentioned that many people have multiple computers and so even the info posted in specs may not be representative of the issue at hand. So if we need more info we still have to ask.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
A s trainable says. I hunted for the thread he refers to but could't track it down.
For example, I use an old, but hi spec, laptop for most of my testing. The specs would not be important, in my particular use of the site.
That I own. For browsing, and site use, I tend to use a stationary computer in the house, not mine, or any which I may be fixing for others.
I am sure this is the situation with many of the regular posters on the site.
At the risk of losing a potential new member,it is not a big burden to ask for a newcomers specs. He would probably get the same response on any other site on which he seeks help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder about this - I'll add a link to update the system specs in the welcome PM, to make sure we get more fields filled in :).

edit: This is now active, and the system spec link is also included in a registration e-mail that all users receive.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to Windows 7 Forums :ciao:

It is highly recommended that when posting your issue's on the forum to ensure that you have filled in as much as possible of your system specifications in your profile, as this will speed up the chance of your problems being solved in a more efficient way :)

Thank you peeps!

Have a nice stay!

Bugsy :D

Thanks Bugsy! Appreciate this for sure. I have been harping on this for several months, in my own quiet way, but now maybe it will be easier to help folks out.

:D

Ask a Question