AVG crashing Windows 7 systems

Reaction score
AVG Free 2011 update pulled, crashing Windows 7 systems

AVG used to be a no-nonsense choice among free antivirus suites out there, but it seems the company's software has been suffering as of late. First hint came to our attention last month when one of our readers felt compelled to write us about AVG's painfully sluggish performance and noticeable bloat on its most recent version.
Read more here - http://www.techspot.com/news/41412-avg-free-2011-update-pulled-crashing-windows-7-systems.html

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I read that a resolution was posted on the AVG website (or something). That'll be of great comfort to all those people whose only PC will now not boot and they cannot gain access to the internet.

Reaction score
The point of my postings is that AVG has been battling stability with Windows 7 since the Beta era. It is my recommendations that AVG not be recommended for a while yet. However if you want to chance the stability of your PC, be my guest and install AVG.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
AVG has been battling stability for quite some time, going back to the XP era, as it's free AV has also done some damage to many XP systems, too. I personally cleaned one of them, that AVG was used on, for quite some time.

No way, would I ever consider installing it on a Windows 7 system, not even as a backup scanner. I don't even see how it's even in AV-Comparatives top 15 list. Mabye by the number of downloads? Or that it comes pre-installed on many eBay refurbs? The answer to that, we may never know.

Cat

Ask a Question