SOLVED Auto Route

Reaction score
I have windows 7 on my comp',I have loaded Microsoft Autoroute and when I try to open it I get a message saying"Your registry settings for this application were not copied correctly,Run set up again from the location where you originally installed it" I have deleted the program and reloaded it but get the same prob' I loaded it from the original disc,I have a new comp' and am trying to reload it,it was ok on my old one.Any one had this problem.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
From what I can find this is likely a user control issue. Some older programs like to write settings or maybe store maps in the Programs Directory. In order to protect users from bad programs messing in the program files area as well as to provide individual settings for multi-user machines, this is no longer proper programming, they should write to userdata areas. Unfortunately this can be an issue for older programs.

There are 2 choices: 1. turn off UAC (User Account Control) but this essentially shuts off some of your systems protection from malware or 2. assuming the installer offers the ability to change the program path, simply install it to C:\autoroute instead of under C:\program files\autoroute

Please note I have never used or heard of MS Autoroute so I have no evidence either solution will solve your problem, though I found solution 1 offered in other forums. Even so I recommend trying option 2 first because I believe it to be a highly probable solution and it does not compromise security for other programs like option 1 will.

Last edited:
Reaction score
microsoft autoroute

Thank you for your advice I tried it and it has resolved the problem.

Ask a Question