Is autoKMS trustable or is it a hacktool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just received a laptop from my school. I teach here. And here happens to be in China, whereby not all that should be legit is necessarily so. Along with my Dell laptop I could see Office 2010 Pro had been installed and, having installed Avast antivirus, it detected and took care of "AutoKMS.exe" A search shows it to be a hack tool in some cases and perfectly legit in other cases. For the time being I have uninstalled the Office 2010 (If it is a legit copy I could always have it reinstalled--I would assume), Anyhow, though the 'exe' has been quarantined by Avast the folder, found in the 'Windows' directory, along with 2 files still exist. One file is 'AutoKMS.ini' and the other is 'AutoKMS.log'.
So is it legit or what? Meanwhile as I wait for a reply here I am upgrading my laptop's OS to Windows 10.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Of course it is a hacktool, It's purpose is to activate MS programs that don't have legitimate licenses. Discussions of such tools are not permitted here, we always recommend legitimately licensed software. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.