ATI Radeon Xpress 200M with Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I read here you are talking about the graphic cards. I have a big problem too.
I have a Toshiba laptop with an ATI Radeon Xpress 200M graphic card and it isn't working good with Windows 7. It was recognized by the windows but I can't even play the solitaire.
I downloaded many drivers but still not working. (download from US, but I'm from EU-Romania so I also downloaded from there too).
And now I don't know what I can do, I can't wait too much to a working driver because I'm working in the autocad so I need a good resolution and a faster computer.
I don't want to uninstall the windows7 because I think it's going good enough.
Please somebody help me, Thanks
Emőke

Reaction score
Hi p_emoke

Have you tried the legacy drivers from this page - ATI Catalyst™ Legacy Display Driver

I must warn you though I upgraded my graphics from the Xpress 200 Series on a desktop. It was not stable and continued to freeze momentarily while trying to move forward and backward watching movies. I lost Aero a few times and needed to reboot to get Aero Features working again.

Reaction score
I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM

I cannot for every solution i have tryed from micorsoft to AMD to forum's like this, get aero to work have DIRECT X 11 don't ask me how i just have it, and whenever i try to re run desktop window manager through services in windows 7 it doesn't do anything at the last straw now if i can't fix it ill just smash it up to feel better hope it won't come to that thanks. i have tryed every solution i can think of and none works HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS HAVE A ATI RADEON 4350 HD HDMI 1 GB CARD WITH PCIE EXPRESS & VGA K .

Attachments

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What type of video card do you have? Brand and model?

Is is a laptop or desktop computer?

Please give us as much information as possible.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
have DIRECT X 11 don't ask me how i just have it
Just because the DirectX Diagnostic Tool shows DirectX 11 does not mean it will run on your 4350 series ATI Radeon card. Windows 7 installs DirectX 11. Radeon 3800 and 4300 series cards are only capable of using DirectX 10.

Your AERO should run better and I'm baffled why it is not working on your configuration. I have an ATI Radeon HD 3850 PCI-E card w/512MB DDR3 and AERO runs fine for me.

Here's what mine shows:

NOTE:

After further research I believe I have found the reason for your low score. The HD 4350 is a low-end 4000 series card. It only has 80 stream processors and 8 texture units compared to my HD 3850 which has 320 stream processors and 16 texture units. In addition the bus width is only 64 bit versus mine which has a 256 bit bus.

The Attached graph from AnandTech.com shows the relative differences in some ATI Radeon card models. Even though my HD 3850 is NOT listed, its specs are identical to the HD 3870 except for the Memory Clock speed.

I hope this explains why your WEI score is so much different than what you were probably expecting.

~Nibs

Last edited:
Reaction score
Have you rebooted Windows 7 lately. Radeon 4350 is more than enough to run Windows Aero. The few times I lost Aero with Radeon Xpress 200, I needed to reboot to correct the problem.

Reaction score
Hi im new to w7 and am having problems. I have a HP DV8000 with a ATI Xpress 200M and im having problems loading a game that worked on my old computer that had a worste grafics card this this. (seriously) My computer wont even let me use a 3D screensaver and i know that the 200M should be more then capable to run even that. Ive tried different drivers and such but nothing seems to work...help lol

Reaction score
Hi mjb.lowe - Welcome to w7forums

Windows 7 is more demanding on graphics than the other operating systems. The Radeon Xpress 200 is borderline on the requirements for Windows 7. You might try disabling Windows Aero, this may improve the performance during game play. Other than disabling Windows Aero, I'm not sure what to tell you for a solution on a laptop.

I'm not going to lie to you, there is not much you can do when hardware just is not enough for the operating system.

Reaction score
Well my problem is that my computer wont let me load anything having to do with 3d graphics. Im trying to play Anarchy online and it wont display anything. my problem doesnt have to do with performance but more like it just wont work for what i want lol. i go to dxdiag and it tells me that directdraw and direct3d acceleration is unavailible when i know it should be...any ideas?

Reaction score
Well my problem is that my computer wont let me load anything having to do with 3d graphics. Im trying to play Anarchy online and it wont display anything. my problem doesnt have to do with performance but more like it just wont work for what i want lol. i go to dxdiag and it tells me that directdraw and direct3d acceleration is unavailible when i know it should be...any ideas?
Easy. Visit HP.com for your model. Download the latest ATI video driver and install.

Reaction score
tried that lol i can find my model but when i go to select operating system mine isnt there and they dont offer drivers for that operating system yet i guess lol any other ideas? haha

Reaction score
Install the Vista version.

If you still need help, are you running x86 or x64?

I can make something very easily for you.

Reaction score
im running w7 ultimate 32bit on a hp DV8000 with 1g ram with a AMD turion 64

just installed vista version and nothing changed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is what to do and if you follow precisely, will be alright:

1) Download this and run it so it extracts to C:\ATI

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp35001-35500/sp35203.exe

2) Close the installer immediately after extraction is done. Do not continue with install.

3) Open device manager. Double click Display adapters section. Right click on standard vga and then choose update driver software. Then click the following:

Browse my computer, let me pick, have disk. browse.

Now navigate to within C:\ATI to where the .inf files are in the driver folder. Click or double click on the first one while shown in alphabetical order.

Hit ok then hit next and it will install.

5) Reboot and then choose an Aero theme and then also run the WEI score updater.

Please let us know how this goes for ya and let us know if any complications.

Reaction score
i keep getting told that standard vga graphics driver is up to date for my computer lol

Reaction score
That's because you're not following precisely 100%.

You can post a screenshot of any errors and perhaps that will help me pinpoint exactly where you're going wrong.

Reaction score
You aren't following my instructions well.

Instead of the part where you choose the Win 7 folder, hit browse instead and then double click on the first .inf file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question