SOLVED ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 not working with Windows 7

Reaction score
Hi guys!! Im John!! I am using a pc with 512mb ram nd graphics card of ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 256mb. When i run my pc in windows xp my graphic card memory is 256mb but in windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit they r showing it as 127mb nd im not getting aero effects. Plss help..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thx for the reply clifford!! btw what r legacy drivers nd hw to install them? The thing that i dont understand is that the first time i installed win7 i got all the aero effects. A few months later i formatted my pc nd reinstalled win7, since then im not getting the aero effects nd they r showing my graphic card memory as 127mb instead of 256mb!! :(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Legacy drivers means they are drivers designed to support legacy (old, no longer produced) hardware. Often they may be drivers designed for an older OS, example Vista but that hopefully still work, in this case from W7.

I would say you had the right driver installed before and now you likely do not.

Your computer does not even meet the minimum requirements for W7 32bit (1GB RAM) so it surprises me that Aero ever worked.

Please try different drivers which hopefully you can find where Clifford linked and perhaps you will have better luck.

Reaction score
thx guys!! I installed the legacy drivers and im getting the aero effects. thxxxxxxx a lot!!:)

Ask a Question