Resolution & Ati radeon xpress 200m series

Reaction score
I installed the new windows 7 to my toshiba A100-522.

Everything else went okey but my screen resolution changed.

I have a Ati radeon xpress 200m series as a chip type and my display is Generic PnP monitor on Standard VGA Graphics adapter.

My screen resolution should be much higher than 1024x768. It should be 1280x800

The picture ration is now 4:3 and it should be 16:9.

Is there anything I could do to fix it?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Drivers up to date?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I have a Ati radeon xpress 200m series as a chip type and my display is Generic PnP monitor on Standard VGA Graphics adapter.
You need to install that driver for your laptop, it is a combined chipset and video driver in one. Then you should have no problems.

Reaction score
I have tried to update my driver, but the computer says I got the new version already in use.

What is the nime of the driver I should download and where can I get it?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Go to the Toshiba website, enter the model of your laptop and it should take you to the page with the model listed and show the drivers available for it.

You can go HERE to AMD's website and either download the Vista 32 bit or Vista 64 bit drivers for your AMD Radeon xpress 200M.

These are the latest drivers available for the chipset/graphics you're using. Date: 11-16-09 Don't worry Vista drivers function very well in the Windows 7 OS.

Last edited:

Ask a Question