Downgrading from win8 on Asus.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new here and just recently signed up. a friend of mine recently gave me his old laptop he doesn't use anymore which is great as it has better specs than my current one. the laptop is an Asus F555LA-AS51 notebook. Unfortunately it only came in an option for Windows 8 and because of this it isn't as simple as typing in a model number on the Asus support site. I was curious if anybody on here has done this with an Asus before? Or if anybody knows if the Windows 8 drivers work on Windows 7? Or if you have any ideas on where I can find Windows 7 drivers for my hardware? I'm not really sure where to go from here but right now keeping Windows 8/10 isn't an option. Anyways thank you for any help/advice in advance.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it only came with W8 or higher then it is unlikely everything will work in W7, many W8 drivers won't be the same, and very likely you wind up being missing at least some necessary drivers to make everything function properly.

There are programs such as ClassicShell or Start8 which make W8 close enough to W7 that you would be better off staying at 8 then risking driver issues.

Ask a Question