Assistance please re Windows 7


L

Liz

Hi,
If this is not the correct group then perhaps you can direct me to the
correct one.
My brother in law just bought a new computer he is running Windows 7 and
using Live Mail.
The problem is as follows:

I have Microsoft Office 2007 loaded and want to create a "Word" document and
I want to send it as an attachment.
I get 2 message windows:

Microsoft Office word
Logon failed. You must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address
book.
Error Code 'Unspecified Error'

When I close the above I get

Email
There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please
install an email program, if one is already installed, create an association
in the Defaults Program Control Panel.
If anyone could offer any assistance or advise It would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Liz.
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

MJMIII

Liz said:
Hi,
If this is not the correct group then perhaps you can direct me to the
correct one.
My brother in law just bought a new computer he is running Windows 7 and
using Live Mail.
The problem is as follows:

I have Microsoft Office 2007 loaded and want to create a "Word" document
and I want to send it as an attachment.
I get 2 message windows:

Microsoft Office word
Logon failed. You must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address
book.
Error Code 'Unspecified Error'

When I close the above I get

Email
There is no email program associated to perform the requested action.
Please install an email program, if one is already installed, create an
association in the Defaults Program Control Panel.
If anyone could offer any assistance or advise It would be much
appreciated.
Thank you.
Liz.
Is Outlook installed? If it isn't, you can't email thru Word.
 
C

Char Jackson

Hi,
If this is not the correct group then perhaps you can direct me to the
correct one.
My brother in law just bought a new computer he is running Windows 7 and
using Live Mail.
The problem is as follows:

I have Microsoft Office 2007 loaded and want to create a "Word" document and
I want to send it as an attachment.
I get 2 message windows:

Microsoft Office word
Logon failed. You must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address
book.
Error Code 'Unspecified Error'

When I close the above I get

Email
There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please
install an email program, if one is already installed, create an association
in the Defaults Program Control Panel.
If anyone could offer any assistance or advise It would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Liz.
Using Word, create the Word document and save it.
Using WLM, create the new email, attach the Word document and send it.
 
G

Gordon

MJMIII said:
Is Outlook installed? If it isn't, you can't email thru Word.
Not quite true - Word will also use Mozilla Thunderbird and I expect there
may be others. Eudora for example...
 
L

Liz

Thank you all for your help.
I have passed all suggestions along.
It seems like an awful lot of work to me.
I would have thought that you could create your document in Live Mail and
send the attachment from there.
Thank you again all.
Liz.
 
T

Trev

Liz said:
Thank you all for your help.
I have passed all suggestions along.
It seems like an awful lot of work to me.
I would have thought that you could create your document in Live Mail and
send the attachment from there.
Thank you again all.
Liz.
You can That's the normal way.
 
M

MJMIII

Gordon said:
Not quite true - Word will also use Mozilla Thunderbird and I expect there
may be others. Eudora for example...
You may be right, but I've read numerous instances where people couldn't
email through Word 07 unless Outlook was installed. I've never had an
instance to try it, so I defer to you.
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Gordon

MJMIII said:
You may be right, but I've read numerous instances where people couldn't
email through Word 07 unless Outlook was installed. I've never had an
instance to try it, so I defer to you.
The point being it doesn't work if the email client you are using does not
have the full MAPI engine. Windows Live Mail (for some extraordinary reason
which only MS knows - or are they trying to push the paid-for Outlook rather
than a free client? Shock horror!) doesn't. Mozilla Thunderbird does, as
does Outlook. (AFAIR Outlook Express did as well)
 
T

Trev

Liz said:
can you tell me how please and thank you.
File New Email Msg Enter subject etc as you would for any E mail. Then On
the menu. And I have just though Maybe your problem is that you cant see the
Menu. So on the right side are some icons The centre one is the one where
you set it to show menu's Short cut Alt +M.
Ok with menus visible do Insert File as attachment browse to where the word
doc is saved select it ok your done
 
L

Liz

Trev said:
File New Email Msg Enter subject etc as you would for any E mail. Then On
the menu. And I have just though Maybe your problem is that you cant see
the Menu. So on the right side are some icons The centre one is the one
where you set it to show menu's Short cut Alt +M.
Ok with menus visible do Insert File as attachment browse to where the
word doc is saved select it ok your done
Thank you very much Trev,I have passed these instructions along.
This is for my brother in law who bought a new computer and he is using
Windows 7 with Live Mail. I personally am sticking with Windows XP until I
have no choice.
Liz.
 
Ad

Advertisements

W

Walter Goldschmidt

Use Word to create document then save document. Now use WLM and add document
as an attachment as previously mention. This is not that much trouble and
not a lot of work'

Walt
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top