Any Recent Windows 7 Updates?

Reaction score
I ran my HP p6750f desktop computer back to Windows 7 Home from Windows 10 in early July 2016. I did have a problem(s) getting the older and newer Security and other updates to download, and that done on July 11th. There hasn't been any updates since, and I have the PC set to automatically updates when available. Did Microsoft drop any updates when the owners ran the OS back to Seven?

If there are updates that are available, how would I get them when the computer is set to download when they are available?

Reaction score
I have installed WSUS Offline Download and this has downloaded 188 Windows Updates for me. Windows Looking for Updates was hanging, nothing coming down, no real connection to Windows Update. As I say this worked/works for me.

Reaction score
Do the 188 updates show up in the Update History? I used the WSUS Offline Download and it showed there was 202 updates installed, but, there's nothing in the update history of that shows any downloaded updates.

Reaction score
I had that at first. Take a look at the website and you will see an 'Installer' Part. This is in the 'Main Download' Look for a Folder 'Client', and double click this folder. Another box will open and this is the actual 'Installer'. Select the desired options and click 'Start' to install missing Microsoft updates on your computer. Just tick the boxes that you know you have on your PC. ie; Update C++ Runtime, Silverlight etc, etc. I saved my download to C:\Windows\System32\catroot2. Looking at the 'Installed Windows Updates' were populated. btw, I have not tried the normal way to download updates yet.....

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question