Alternative Flash Player Auto Updater

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
This is one of those brilliant little portable apps that makes you wish you'd found it ages ago!

You can get your Flash Player updates without having to download the Adobe Download Manager, which is a small feat in itself.

I had the first chance to test it for real the other day and I was well impressed.
Clicking on the icon in my Quick Launch immediately opened its GUI. Within 3 seconds it told me there was, in fact, an update available. Opening up the installer page I first clicked on the Firefox update button. Within 20 seconds the FF plug-in was installed! I then clicked on the I.E. button and within 30 seconds that Add-on was installed.

Less than a minute to update all my Flash Players? WOW! It usually takes longer than that to download the ADM!

You can even use it if you haven't yet installed Flash. Just think, no more ADM!

Highly recommended.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Installed it and used it... WOW! Very Fast and thorough too!

Thanks for the link and head up! It all took less than 30 seconds for both updates.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Installed it and used it... WOW! Very Fast and thorough too!

Thanks for the link and head up! It all took less than 30 seconds for both updates.
Yeah, I was sort of guessing at the times, I was busy rolling a tab. When I looked up I couldn't believe the FF plug-in had finished installing!

I'm nearly (only nearly!) tempted to uninstall Flash just to see how quick it is from scratch.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
They also have the Flash install files (with no downloader needed) at Filehippo (http://www.filehippo.com/) if you would like to get Flash with no other apps or downloads needed.
The beauty of this is its a stand alone utility. No install required.

Oh, and the speed of it.

Far quicker than a download/save/install from FileHippo.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
They also have the Flash install files (with no downloader needed) at Filehippo (http://www.filehippo.com/) if you would like to get Flash with no other apps or downloads needed.
FileHippo is where I get many of my apps from, including the latest versions of Flash (32 & 64 bit, IE & non-IE). The File Hippo Update Checker lets me know when I need to update most of my apps, during my weekly run of it.

Cat

Ask a Question