alternative adobe shockwave

Reaction score
hi folks,

i've lately been trying to get adobe shockwave to work on a windows 2000 computer (on work), the problem is that shockwave doesn't support it and it doesn't work sometimes... almost never. is there a small chance 1 of you has a good alternative, i've tried to the so told "adobe alternative" you can find on the adobe site but that's the regular shockwave download so it doesn't work.

i've tried it on
mozilla firefox
chrome
IE
i want it to work on 1 of 'm (best of all is IE)

jim

Reaction score
oh

p.s.

i know this has nothing to do with W7 but no one seems to know :( so i thought maybey someone here knows ^ ^

Reaction score
Hi jim.c

Have you tried the players from this page?
Web Players
It says "Shockwave Player 11" for "Windows 98/2000/XP" halfway down the page.

From the main download page it says something about "Different operating system or browser". Have you tried that link?

Reaction score
yeah i did, however if you download it you get to the same page as the normal download and the download itself is the regular download so unfortunatly it doesn't work. :(

Reaction score
On the normal page above the "agree and install now" button there is another link called "Different operating system or browser". Have you tried that link?

Sorry if I am covering old ground, thats my last idea though.

There is also older versions. - Old Version of Shockwave Player

Last edited:
Reaction score
the first one i indeed tried, however the older versions i didn't maybey those will work, thanks a lot i'm gonna try in a couple of hours (no pc to try it on atm because of a lesson they have there). i've looked everywhere for those links lol how did you find 'm :O

Reaction score
nope didn't work :( when i installed it everything was oke, then i went to the site clicked oke and then it started downloading shockwave 11 :? guess only way is to upgrade to xp/better... i'll install linux :p

Reaction score
finally i resolved the prob. it was a couple of things
1. no updates where isntalled (stupid mistake)
2. there was an older version of shockwave that had to be on the computer
3. it had to be installed from the server(???)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question