After the Beta...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have W7 installed as a secondary OS on my MSI wind, and as the main OS on my sons PC. All I can say so far is fantastic, althugh in reality I think that we all know that it is simply what Vista SHOULD have been. My question is this: When Windows 7 is officially released, what happens to the licence that I have for the Beta? Will it continue to work or will MS withdraw them and either force you to buy a copy or uninstall? I've had a hunt around on the web and can't seem to find an answer so far. So if this has already been discussed I do apologise, I did make the effort to find the answer 1st. Excellent site by the way

Reaction score
The beta version will no longer function. You will have to buy a new license..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, that's right - it will stop working on the 1st Aug 2009 and you will need to revert to XP/Vista or buy a full Windows 7 license. Also, you can't do an upgrade install to the full version of Windows 7 - so be sure to backup everything before this date :)

Welcome to forums Fatha and wpurcell :ciao:

Reaction score
Thanks Ian! The rumour is that the RC will be out before then (fingers crossed!).

Reaction score
Thanks to you both, I think I might install it as a 2nd OS on my Vista machine in that case and put it through its paces in that case. It really is very good from what I've seen so far. I can't help but feel a little cheated though having already purchased a Vista license, and no sign of any cheap upgrades as far as I can see.....but thats a whole new thread ;o)

Reaction score
beta yes but no rc build so u better main till may and upgate beta to rc ( probably will work till march 2010 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question