Ad-Aware Free

Reaction score
I haven't tried the newer free version, but up until a year ago I was using a the paid version.Their is no real reason why I don't now, I just decided to try something else for once. What I use now is okay, but Lava Soft has always made good software. I would recommend it to a friend at least.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I use Ad Aware on a total of five OS', this PC, and each OS on both of my laptops (Win 2K Pro & XP Pro) and have never had trouble. It is my backup to Avast on three OS's ( Win 2K Pro x2 & Windows 7), and MSE on two OS's (XP Pro). I use the free versions, they do an excellent job and do actually pick up things like tracking cookies. I would highly recommend Ad Aware Free to a friend or anyone else looking for a BACKUP to their anti virus of choice. Like mattweed9 said, Lavasoft makes good software. Just be sure to update the free version weekly, I scan almost daily with this product.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Lavasoft do make good software, i always liked Ad-Aware SE and used it for years, as the wife is having a new Computer for Christmas i will see if she would like to try Ad-Aware Free :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It's very easy to use and is effective, as long as you use it with a decent anti virus program. It will remind you to update as needed and offers real time protection.

Reaction score
It will remind you to update as needed and offers real time protection.
I used Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE many times. If I wasn't given a license for a-Squared AntiMalware, I would still be using Ad-Aware.

However I wasn't aware that they offered realtime protection with the free version. Personally I don't want realtime protection anyway. The active scanners annoy me to much.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I have it installed with realtime protection turned on, and there is no noticeable difference to me. I've had other scanners to do this (such as Prevx), but not Ad Aware. Just an occasional nag screen in the right corner asking you to upgrade.

Ask a Question