Activating Build 7264

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Am trying to activate the latest build and not getting far. When I tried to enter the code I had from RC (when I downloaded RC from the Microsoft web page) it came back with an error so I did a little reading and it seems that we now need to modify windows with some old files from a previous installation, I downloaded one of the automatic solutions that are out there then tried to activate again. This time it is telling me that I need a windows 7 ultimate product key, what does this mean, I thought all copies of win7 were the same?

Am I doing something very stupid?

Reaction score
No, you are not.

I tried an activation hack, but it did weird things like the Activation Status was never updating. (In Computer-->Properties). So I reinstalled.

But to be honest, there is really no need to activate. There are no benefits. Just leave it for 29 days, then use the slmgr command to extend the activation period, for up to 120 days.

I'm sure there will be "something" available at the usual sites eventually to take care of "things".;)

Reaction score
I think that will be the way to go, I only had 7100 on the pc for 2 months so there is no real reason to worry about it.

Reaction score
I think that will be the way to go, I only had 7100 on the pc for 2 months so there is no real reason to worry about it.
And RTM Gold That'sallfolkshereshebe is less than 2 weeks away.

READ

and rejoice. :rock::beer: :cheers::thrasher::dancing:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am not sure of the rules here regarding crack discussion but someone told me that 1 of all the beta keys floating around seemed to activate 7264 no problem ;)

EDIT: nvm -_- My friend installed 7232, not 7264 and got confused o_O

Last edited:
Reaction score
Build 7264: Restart the Software Protection service if you want to verify that the installation is activated and genuine.

However, the RTM will leak within 2 weeks, so just use the 30 day rearm.

Reaction score
windows build 7264

am i missing something, have microsoft released an update. where do i get this new build and what type of activation do i need?

thanks

Reaction score
Microsoft has not released an update. This build is not an official release. It is available by BitTorrent only, and it may not be legal to detail its activation procedure. Release candidate keys do not work without modifying the OS.

Reaction score
thankyou i keep seeing all these builds and it was confusing but now i know they are false builds and i am also trying to buy the pre order but we cant do that in australia even though i had an invite email to do so. very disappointing because xp and myself have a hate relationship while i just love windows 7. thanks hc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question