A format question?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's probably do-able via the forum templates, but I'm not keen to add another breadcrumb trail at the bottom if possible. Was there a reason you wanted to see it on the bottom of pages? :)

If it helps, there's a "forum jump" box at the bottom of threads. If you want to return to the forum you are currently in when viewing a thread, just click "go" - or you can select another forum section from it. :D

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
It's probably do-able via the forum templates, but I'm not keen to add another breadcrumb trail at the bottom if possible. Was there a reason you wanted to see it on the bottom of pages? :)

If it helps, there's a "forum jump" box at the bottom of threads. If you want to return to the forum you are currently in when viewing a thread, just click "go" - or you can select another forum section from it. :D
I was wondering if it would make it easier to get around. I admit that I haven't used the two items you mention very much. I'll start paying attention to the features we already have. :)

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks Ian, I wasn't aware of that feature myself. We learn something new every day. This is the best laid out Windows forum that I've ever been a part of, most has a rather plain look to them. When I discovered this forum, I was a member of another forum that goes by the same name. I clicked onto here by mistake, and it's attractiveness made me give it a second look.

Ever since then, this has been my home. First, it was the appearance, then the membership, the best that I've been a part of, that kept me here. At one time, I did spend more time here, but due to medical problems, some days I never turn on my computer.

You've done an A-1 job here, Ian.:top:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope that does the trick Yodap :). I don't often use the breadcrumbs myself, but I use the "new posts" button all the time - I may as well set that as my homepage ;)

Thanks Catilley, I'm glad you like it :) It's a pleasure having such a good community here :D

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
The only thing I would like to see added would be a "Top" button in each reply box, maybe on the right near the "Thanks" button.

That way if one is in a long thread page they may click the "Top" button to get back to the top of the thread's page with having to scroll a lot.

Just my two cents.

Reaction score
That way if one is in a long thread page they may click the "Top" button to get back to the top of the thread's page with having to scroll a lot.
If people had less stuff in their signatures, pages would be a lot shorter and more comfortable for the browser to load.

And besides, who cares "How the CIA Views the UFO Phenomenon".

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
If people had less stuff in their signatures, pages would be a lot shorter and more comfortable for the browser to load.

And besides, who cares "How the CIA Views the UFO Phenomenon".
My goodness having a bad day? :(

What I do with my signature is basically none of your concern! Thank you very much! :p

If the admins or mods have issues with it then I will listen to them, certainly not you. :lol:

Reaction score
What I do with my signature is basically none of your concern! Thank you very much! :p
It's none of my concern, indeed. I just pointed out - according to your complain of scrolling - that if for example your signature was shorter, it wouldn't be so painful to view the page. Especially when you post a message in every single thread.

If the admins or mods have issues with it then I will listen to them, certainly not you. :lol:
Well that seems selfish. Isn't this supposed to be a community where we (= people who are interested in computers) can share our knowledge and experiences, and listen to each other, huh?

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
What is this, Pound on Nibs month??? I haven't gotten my my shot in and the month is almost over. I'll think of something though. :)

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Hurry up my friend... there's only today and tomorrow left! ;)

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
It's none of my concern, indeed. I just pointed out - according to your complain of scrolling - that if for example your signature was shorter, it wouldn't be so painful to view the page. Especially when you post a message in every single thread.
I wasn't complaining of scrolling, you perceived it that way, I just thought the "Top" button would be a nice feature is all. There are a couple of other forums I belong to that has the feature I suggested. I was making a simple suggestion, not complaining.

When and how I post replies is again, none of your concern. If the admins or mods have issues they will let me know via PM.

Well that seems selfish. Isn't this supposed to be a community where we (= people who are interested in computers) can share our knowledge and experiences, and listen to each other, huh?
No it's not selfish in the least! It's just the way a forum is run... the admins and mods make the decision of what is allowed, not members.

Yes, I am here to share my knowledge of computers and such, however humble my knowledge is. You're not aware of questions I answer via PM, and such.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're a new member and I hope that you will be able to glean some useful help here. I know I have learned some very valuable information from other members here.

As General Patton said to General Omar Bradley - "Damn it Brad! I know I'm a S.O.B.! The problem with General Montgomery is he's one too, but won't admit it!"

Ask a Question