8gb RAM, 3.19 Usable.

Reaction score
I am having an issue trying to get my computer to read all the RAM. I have tried everything I could think of and am at a complete loss at this point.

I have updated the BIOS for my motherboard to the most recent version. I have went and enabled memory remapping. I have also went into msconfig and made sure there was not a memory limit set in the advanced boot menu. I'm not sure if there is anything else I am missing that I could try.

I do have windows 7 64-bit installed as well.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you absolutely sure you have 64-bit installed because it sounds very much like you are running 32-bit. Could you post a screenshot of Control Panel > System ?

Reaction score
Time to switch to 64bit ver. of windows

32 bit can use a theoretical max of 4 GB but you actually get about 3.2-3.5

To check which system you have: Start Orb>R-Click Computer>Properties. Look for system Type: 32 or 64?

If your positive now, it is 64- bit system, provide the brand and model of your PC. What version of 7... Home Premium, Professional. Ultimate?

Also, reseat your Ram cards.

Did you recently add more RAM, if so, What size and speed of each card. Such as, Memory type DDR3,4GB, 667MHz

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
What is your motherboard's model?

Ask a Question