7upgrade to new (never used) Vista machine

Reaction score
How do I install the 7 upgrade on a 3 year old "new" never used notebook? Do I go through the vista setup first, then load the upgrade dvd or load it as soon as I turn it on? Neither or does it matter? Any other issues I might encounter with a new old laptop? Thanks

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
It depends if you are doing an in-place upgrade or if you just want to wipe and install Seven. Given that the notebook is "new" and was never used, you might as well just wipe and do a fresh Seven install. That would simplify things, all you would need to do is pop the disc into the drive and boot to it and begin the installation from there.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I concur with the big blue kitty cat! LOL!

A clean install with the DVD drive as the first boot device in the BIOS and then go from there.

Be sure you have all the Windows 7 drivers, either 32-bit or preferably 64-bit, downloaded and ready to install after you've done the Windows 7 installation. I recommend you go with the X64 or 64-bit setup.

Ask a Question