7 seems no better than Vista U64

doc

Reaction score
I upgraded from Vista Ultimate 64 to 7 64 bit and everything grinds to a halt while the Nanny-state decides whether my own files are safe to load or to write to, whether the internet really is a place it's safe to go, etc. What is with this obsession? If MSFT wanted a safe OS why didn''t they make one? There must be a way to clean all this nonsense out and have a smooth running OS that doesn't take existing apps and consign them to safe or compatability modes. Any ideas?

Doc

Reaction score
That doesn't sound like an OS problem. The only time I have that problem is when running an Active Virus Scanner. Thats one reason I have choosen not to use Virus software. Instead I have choosen to use safe internet habits.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
There has been a change from Vista to Windows 7 in the UAC (user account control). Open your Control Panel and go to your Action Center. Expand the Security options and look for User Account Control, there is a link there to change your settings. Try setting it lower (or even turn it off if you like) and see if that improves anything.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I upgraded from Vista Ultimate 64 to 7 64 bit and everything grinds to a halt while the Nanny-state decides whether my own files are safe to load or to write to, whether the internet really is a place it's safe to go, etc. What is with this obsession? If MSFT wanted a safe OS why didn''t they make one? There must be a way to clean all this nonsense out and have a smooth running OS that doesn't take existing apps and consign them to safe or compatability modes. Any ideas?

Doc
Some people have experienced stalling or other issues when they did the "Upgrade" install mode.

I would recommend that you do a clean install. Windows 7 will run much smoother and quicker if you go that route. I know its a pain to do a clean install, re-installing software etc, but you will notice a difference.

Reaction score
windows 7 is vista just in a diff forum and micro tried to fix all vista problems

Ask a Question