64 bit installation problem

Reaction score
My laptop was running a 64 bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate, but I was having speed problems and then I had to reformat and re-install. On restart after the re-install, i noticed that a 32 bit version was running. I have tried an upgrade and another re-install but still finish up with a 32-bit version. Can anyone help please?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I agree with Elmer, 32- and 64-bit come on separate DVDs. If you can't find your 64-bit DVD then you can download and burn X17-24395.iso, links are here. And I recommend using IMGBurn or another burner that can properly handle ISO images to burn it to a blank DVD; IMGBurn can be found in our Freeware DB.

Reaction score
Problem Resolved

:eek:

Thanks guys. I feel very dumb at the moment. When I received the first comment from Elmer I suddenly remembered the two discs and sure enough the onlyone left in the case was the 32 bit version. I remember a couple of years ago taking the 64 bit disc with me on business. just in case, and obviously never replaced it in the case. After several hours looking I still can't remember what i did with it, so have downloaded an Iso to finish the job. Sorry to have been a nuisance for so simple a solution! Thanks again.

Ask a Question