2004 Dell 670 needs 7 drivers

Reaction score
I have had my 670 for about 3 months now when i found it in the trash at work since they said it was too dated for use. I am currently turning into my gaming PC. My other HDD has XP 64bit edition and my new one has 7 pro and since dell did not make drivers for win 7 for the 670 its using some generic drivers for the USB and making it run in 1.0 mode instead of 2.0 mode and the on-board Ethernet has some problems every now and then. So my question is did anyone make their own drivers for this or am i stuck with what I got. i would never have to do this if Microsoft just never planned ending support for XP.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Hopefully the link David provided can help. I have nothing to offer but reality ... we live in a disposable society. Dell ended support on your computer because it costs them money to develop drivers for computers they will not make any more income from and they hope you will buy a new Dell. Continuing support on an OS Microsoft has already sold you doesn't make them any money either so eventually they stop support and hope to sell you a new one.

The fact is you can operate your system without support and it will continue to work the way it always has; the only real concern is there will not be any new security updates for risks discovered/released going forward.

Ask a Question