100 Work Units

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Congrats for you guys... I quit for a while because of some issues but I'll be back later in the month.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Congrats for you guys... I quit for a while because of some issues but I'll be back later in the month.
Thanks!....We know you will. Not concerned. I guess our next tenable goal is the 330,000 point mark. Then we get something cool like official sig patches or whatever.

I'm seriously thinking about plunking down $50 for a new (late model) dual core processor that I can install on this old box. Not sure if it's compatible. I may pm you with the details if that's ok. It won't break the bank and won't interfere with the ultimate goal of building a swift machine by years end. When the new one is done I can dedicate this one full time to folding. That's the plan any way.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I restarted last night, after cleaning up the largest disaster in my computing life. I've never had to nuke a computer before, but there's a first time for everything. When visiting certain sites from here on out, it will be with Mint, or another Linux OS. Unless you're running as root (the same as running as administrator in Windows), you're not going to destroy your OS.

I'm already at 27 WU's myself, should be at 35 or so, but always problems with my notebook lately. It has crashed three times in the last week, the last of which was a "blue screen" crash. Then there was the infection, when I was at 98% complete with a WU. Otherwise, the notebook has ran 24/7 since late April or early May. Perhaps if I placed it in the hot sunroom to fold, it will crash for the last time, and I'll have a check for $400. I can add another $200 to that and have a nice notebook, one that doesn't get so hot I can't rest it on my leg without burning myself. Seriously, I fell asleep in the recliner, and the notebook burning my leg woke me. Perhaps I should sue Dell, as the lady did McDonalds for the overheated coffee. I had to go to the urgent care center over it, there is a permanent scar on my left leg over it, so it's well documented.

Isn't a corporation responsible for the injuries that their products cause? They were being wrongly promoted as "laptops", with the heat issue and all, most users now calls them "notebooks", which is what they really are. Normally, I wouldn't have the notebook in the chair to begin with, but the damn thing keeps dropping OS's from time to time. I was reinstalling XP Pro when the incident occured, due to the meds I take, I blacked out (this happens daily). If the thing worked as it should, I wouldn't have a scar on my leg, nor would I be afraid to hold it any longer.

I think that this would be a great discussion between me and my attorney, he will consult with me for free. The worst that he can tell me is that he can't help. But really, these things should be tagged as being a danger somewhere on the casing that can be easily seen.

Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Cat - I really think you need some time to just relax... have a cold beer and enjoy a really good North Carolina-style Pulled Pork sandwich with some cole slaw on top!

Reaction score
I guess our next tenable goal is the 330,000 point mark.
We need a few more points for the Rank of 6000 or better. The rank of 6000 is currently 340,658 points. An extra day and a half, no sweat now that we are nearing 330,000. :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Cat - I really think you need some time to just relax... have a cold beer and enjoy a really good North Carolina-style Pulled Pork sandwich with some cole slaw on top!
I like the cold beer part, but with all of these meds, I can no longer drink alcohol. I'm already blacking out enough! But that doesn't stop me from :canabis:. That's when I can get some work done. I don't mind working, I really don't. It keeps my mind off of other things, too. Around here, you really need something to do to keep your mind straight. At one time, I was very busy doing XP installs, but that's gone now. Once in a while someone will want a VM installed, and sometimes a Linux dual boot, but that's about it. And I'm very reasonable as far as prices goes, $50 per install, $75 for a dual boot or VM added. That's assuming that the customer has everything necessary for me.

But, as far as the folding is going, I'm proud of everyone who has helped. That's why I threw my name in the hat, I really enjoy helping others, and hopefully the work our computers are doing will save lives and cure illnesses. I tried the high performance version out on my desktop, but my dual core processor isn't fast enough to process it by the deadline. That's one thing I don't understand, these small work loads gives you plenty of time, while the big ones only gives you around three days. However, I just hit 28 WU's myself today, and working on another. For some reason XP folds faster than 7 does on my notebook. I haven't tried with Vista, I'm afraid that it will be too slow.:D

Cat

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I like the cold beer part, but with all of these meds, I can no longer drink alcohol. I'm already blacking out enough! But that doesn't stop me from :canabis:
Hey I'm on your side. I'm a long time proponent of legalization even though I haven't partaken in many many moons, like decades. It makes sense all the way around. What are NC's attitudes towards medicinal use?

I feel a new thread coming on.;)

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It will never go through in NC. The main reason, is we are in a state that's known as the "bible belt", with Southern Baptist's dominating the region. In some towns, there's still no alcohol sold. In the town where I live, you can buy beer & liquor, but no "liquor by the drink". So you have to go ten miles to a classy place for dinner. Really, it's the town's loss, and the others gain.

But medicine or not, it will never happen in NC. The drug laws are very tough here, anything over an ounce in your possession, they will try their best to prove your car and home is being used to sell drugs with, and take them if they can. There are a lot of drug busts in NC, in fact, it's known as one of the leading places to get caught in the nation. The same goes for DWI.

Ask a Question