SOLVED 0x19 BSOD

Reaction score
Good morning all, I am a noob on this forum, but am a tech by trade, although I kinda feel stupid because of this issue I am having. I have a friend's computer that keeps getting a BSOD, so I ran an analyzer on the minidump file and found it is an ACPI issue. I dont have much for specs on the system, only know that it is an Acer Apire One netbook. Attached is the latest minidump, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
First run a virus scan in safe mode as explained HERE.

Major difference between XP and W7 was ACPI support in the BIOS so I would then recommend making sure their BIOS is current. And make sure they are current on windows updates.

Reaction score
Initially ran a full scan with Malwarebytes, but used networking. Have another scan running now without networking.

As for the BIOS, being an Acer netbook, they have a very slim selection of BIOS options, and all were showing a different version than is even close to this one, so out of fear of messing the system up, I havent updated BIOS... may do that as a last resort if I cant get it fixed before then.

Thanks for the help as well. It is greatly appreciated!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did you run TDSSKiller & RKill first? I think that's more important than "no networking".

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You only want the most current BIOS for your machine. They may have older versions but it is not an incremental process, you should only install the most recent version designed for your computer.

Shintaro

Reaction score
I would strongly suggest that you run chkdsk
SYMBOL_NAME: disk!DiskDeviceControl+1ac

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: disk

IMAGE_NAME: disk.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a5bbf20

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x19_20_disk!DiskDeviceControl+1ac

BUCKET_ID: 0x19_20_disk!DiskDeviceControl+1ac
But also have a look at you event log, and look for disk problems there. Or export them and post here.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I ran chkdsk and it found no errors. I also ran TDSSKiller and RKill before running Malwarebytes and it seemed to clean it up. I ended up with a 0x7B BSOD, but got that one figured out pretty quickly. Whatever it was that was attached to this system really didnt want to let it go!

Like I said, thanks for the help. I will see if I could be of any assistance to others on here now as well!

Shintaro

Reaction score
Did you run the scans from Safe Mode?

If you didn't then I would strongly suggest that you do.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I would encourage you to run the scan again every 3-5 days for a couple weeks because that was a rootkit, which can be particularly nasty & sneaky.

Also if you have external drives, usb sticks, etc you should scan those as well (do not allow anything to run from them until you do).

Reaction score
Being a friend's computer, I have recommended it to them to run a scan every few days for a bit, but what they do beyond me returning the system is out of my hands. Hopefully they will listen to me on that part...

Ask a Question