RIGHT CLICK MENU

Reaction score
How do i (if possible) remove items from the right click menu in windows explorer including those installed by third party programs.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There may be an easier method if you currently have or are willing to install the Freeware program CCleaner.

In CCleaner, select the third tab on the left "Tools", then select "Startup" from the second column, and choose "Context Menu" from the tabs across the top. If the item you wish to remove is in the list select it and, I suggest you just, choose disable.

Note that there can be several that have the same applications assigned but they apply at different times, such as if you are right-clicking on a folder versus right-clicking on an actual file. After you are sure you have disabled the right ones and made sure everything is working for a few days, then you can always come back and actually Delete.

CCleaner-ContextMenu.jpg

Reaction score
To GAPA,
In case you are baffled , let me give you an example.......

ex. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

Start button > search box, type regedit > press Enter......
expend (click the arrow in front of) HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
expand *
expand Shellex
expand ContextMenuGandlers

That shows the keys which you can either disable ( by adding a few dashes in front ) or right click at the key and click Delete

Ask a Question