"Please insert a Disc into drive" Error

Reaction score
Going back in the thread a little. If those two registry items did not exists, at that stage the DVD burners were not installed.
But obviously that was not the problem. But I do query why you are using two burning programs. IMo, perhaps the configurations on each are conflicting?Try and uninstall (I would go for imgburn) one of them and restart. I do know Ashampoo works 100% in Windows 7 - it is my default.
I had the programs uninstalled since yesterday. So yeah, probably that's why those registrys weren't present

ps. used two programs because coudln't find an option in ashampoo to burn 2 discs at the same time

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well if one is working then it is quite possible the other one is now done for (needs replaced); it sounds like you burn a lot and they do wear out.

You can go back to disk management and set the drive letter back to normal for the one that does work.

Even when I have had 2 burners in one machine I've never even considered burning to both at same time; i just set it to two copies and burn one after the other.

Reaction score
Well if one is working then it is quite possible the other one is now done for (needs replaced); it sounds like you burn a lot and they do wear out.

You can go back to disk management and set the drive letter back to normal for the one that does work.

Even when I have had 2 burners in one machine I've never even considered burning to both at same time; i just set it to two copies and burn one after the other.
Well i had to make copies for 10 people,each copy contains 2 dvd's one video and one photos. so i used one burner for photos and one for video.

Reaction score
And it isn't likely that the burner went dead, I'll test it on another PC, and my first drive sometimes works sometimes doesn't. I would laugh if it wouldn't be so annoying.. :D

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well make sure it's firmware is up-to-date; sometimes a new box of media might not have the same identifying codes or whatever and the unit doesn't recognize it; problem is you said you tried media that you had already burned and was reading before but isn't working now either.

Reaction score
Well make sure it's firmware is up-to-date; sometimes a new box of media might not have the same identifying codes or whatever and the unit doesn't recognize it; problem is you said you tried media that you had already burned and was reading before but isn't working now either.
how can i check firmware? and where can i update it?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Generally the manufacturer has a program you run if they ever released an update. You take the Make/model to the manufacturers website.

But even though having the latest firmware is a good idea, if it refuses to read DVDs that used to work in this drive then that isn't the issue.

Ask a Question