SOLVED Headphones not working

Reaction score
Hello experts. A couple days ago my headphones stopped working. When I plug it into my ThinkPad T430, I hear nothing at all. When I unplug the headphones, I hear the audio fine. The problem started when I unplugged my HDMI cable from my laptop a couple days ago. Something happened when I pulled out the HDMI; no idea what. Now, I can head audio through my TV (via the HDMI cable) and I can hear the speakers fine, but when I plugin my headphones, I hear nothing at all. Any suggestions as to how to get this working?

BTW, I downloaded and installed this audio driver:
Lenovo HID HW Radio Driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), 8.1 (32-bit , 64-bit), 8 (32-bit , 64-bit) - ThinkPad

That did absolutely nothing.

Thanks in advance.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I assume you are referring to a 1/8" stereo jack which would have nothing to do with your HDMI cable. More likely a physical problem with the headphones or the 1/8" stereo jack. Have you tried different headphones/ear buds in the computer? Have you tried that set of headphones in another device?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I read one of your other threads that mentions you uninstalled the sound driver and then rebooted and correct drivers were loaded and it is now working.

I thought it might be a hardware problem but I guess it wasn't; glad you got it worked out.

Ask a Question