No sound coming from headphones?

Reaction score
Whenever I plug in headphones to the headphone jack on the front of my computer no sound comes out, and if I go in controll panel and look at my sound it says they are not plugged in, I have tried different headphones and they are plugged in all the way, is there maybe something I have to update?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Have they ever worked? There is a wire inside the computer which runs from the jack to the motherboard - if that isn't hooked up properly the system won't know you've plugged in.

Reaction score
Nope they haven't ever worked, but I did try them in the back and they work, but not the front, any ideas?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Have you checked inside the case to see if the cable is properly plugged in on the motherboard?

Double-check that and see if that fixes it. Some front-panel audio cables have two plugs on them, one labeled "AC'97 Audio" and the other labeled "HD Audio" Make sure you plug the correct one in to it's proper socket on the motherboard. The motherboard sockets should be labeled to help you out.

Ask a Question