Word 2010 - Numbering Indentation

Reaction score
I have a simple query.

Whenever I start a numbered list, Word 2010 automatically indents the number about 0.25" and the text a further 0.25" (0.5" in total).

I prefer to have 0" indent for the number and 0.5" indent for the text. Is there anyway to set it to so that for ALL future numbered lists this is what happens?

I would also want multi-level lists to follow the same pattern. 0" for the number and 0.5" for the text, as far down the multi-level list as possible.

I have to currently adjust the indentation on each document manually which is a pain!

Thanks.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
When you hit the bullet button it does automatically indent but if you immediately hit the decrease indent button it will back up inline with your current text and when you hit enter each subsequent line will stay at the newer indent level. I do not know of a way to make this the default action but you could probably create a macro that does both operations and set it to a single keystroke.

Ask a Question