Word 2007 stops working

Reaction score
I've had this problem about three times now. I'll be working on a document when it suddenly stops being active. I get a message saying the Word has stopped working and prompting me to either wait or restart the application.

I usually opt to restart. Tonight, the system locked up completely. I couldn't launch a web browser or even Task Manager. I finally manually cycled the power and afterwards Windows came back up and seemed to be fine. I opened Word, saved the desired version of the document, and that was that.

I don't have this problem using Word 2007 on XP and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I tried Googling the problem, but the closest thing I got to a solution was to reinstall Office, with no mention of a cause or a more permanent fix.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi tripwire45 and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

My wife uses MS Office 2007 in Windows 7 and as far as i know has had no problems with it, It may be a good idea to reinstall Office run as administrator and disable any Anti Virus at the time of install, good luck :)

Reaction score
I have Word 2007 and I've had no problems with it. I"m running 32 bit, but I haven't heard of 64 bit having any trouble with Word 2007.
Is your Windows 7 a clean install or an update?

Ask a Question